Volume 1 Chapter 14: Starting over

Yang's POV: 

We were playing some video games with Y/N and just casually poking fun at each other. As we kept playing, Y/N's scroll buzzed. He grabbed it and took a glance at it.

Y/N: Alright ladies, I'm calling it a night.

Ruby: Aww. Why? 

Y/N: I got things to do.

Yang: Like what? 

Y/N: Sleep. 

He laughed and walked out after petting Ruby on the head. I looked at her and nodded. She nodded back and we carefully peeked out the door. We saw him walking down the hall with the scroll up to his ear. We then tiptoed out the room and hid behind some lockers.

Y/N: Yeah, yeah. I'm going. Heh, you already know sweetheart.

Yang's mind: Sweetheart?! Y/N's never called me that! I see how it is. Y/N has a sneaky link.

I looked at Ruby and she was frowning a little. Her eyes looked down and I felt bad for her.

Y/N: Alright. I'm headed there now.

He hung up and ran in the direction of his locker.

Ruby: Yang...

I turned and looked at Ruby who struggled to hold back tears.

Ruby: We were too late...

Yang: Ruby...

I didn't know what to tell her. Y/N was Ruby's first and only crush and now he's been taken away, but some mysterious girl. I pulled her into a hug as she cried softly.

Yang's mind: Y/N, you lying punk! Wait until I get my hands on you!

Y/N passed by us without even noticing with his weapons which left me confused. I watched him walk out the doors and I could've sworn I saw a bullhead.

Yang: Ruby, I think we came to the wrong conclusion.

Ruby:"Huh?

She let go of me and dried her tears.

Yang: Y/N left with his weapons.

Ruby: His weapons? But why would he need those when he's going to see a girl?

Yang: I don't know, but we're going to ask him when he gets back. Okay?

She just nodded and wiped her eyes.

(meanwhile) 

3rd Person POV: 

Y/N was arrived to the location where the demons were hiding. It was one of the Dust shops in the kingdom of Vale. 

Y/N: According to what Lady said, the demons should inside the Dust shop.  

Y/N walked through the door as he could see the inside of the Dust shop was completing wrecked. After a few moments, brief, beastly growls emanated from the shadows.

Y/N equips himself with Rebellion as brief growls could be heard all around him, but suddenly, three Minions leapt from behind with intent to kill.