Volume 2 Chapter 9: Descent into madness

Y/N's POV: 

It's been two weeks since Roman Torchwick escaped for the third time and I've been practicing non stop since then to make sure he never gets away again. My dad and Team DVANT told me that I needed to rest, but there is no time for that. Now they refused to teach me anymore until I get some rest. If that's the way they want to do it, fine I'll just keep practicing what I know already. I was in the training room, practicing when Sun walked in.

Sun: Hey Y/N. 

Y/N: What do you want? 

Sun: Whoa! First, I want you to calm down.

Y/N: I AM CALM!!!

He looked shocked and a little intimidated that I yelled.

Y/N: Sorry Sun, I'm not in a good mood.

Sun: I can tell.

Y/N: (sighs) So what do you want?

Sun: I wanna know if you asked your girlfriends to the dance yet.

Y/N: What?

Sun: The dance tomorrow night! Did you ask them to go with you yet?

Y/N: No. 

Sun: Why?! You're the only one that they'll go with!

Y/N: Then I guess they're gonna have to go alone because I don't have time to go to stupid dance!

Sun looks at me in a mixed emotion of confusion and anger.

Sun: Y/N, what is going on with you?!

Y/N: Torchwick has escaped my grasp three times already! I'm not going to let him get away again! If you're not going to help me, then just stay out of my way!

I left the training room and headed to the gym for some weightlifting.

(3rd Person POV) 

Pyrrha had noticed when she was walking to class, she was starting to worry about him. 

Sun: (sees Pyrrha) Oh, hey Pyrrha. Sorry you had to see that. 

Pyrrha: It's alright. I guess Y/N is still at it. 

Sun: Yeah, he keeps on training and doesn't rest just because a criminal escaped.

Pyrrha: That maybe the case for him, but I think it's something else. 

Sun: We're gonna fix this now. I'm gonna see Team RWBY and DVANT.

Pyrrha: I'll go with you. They're gonna have a combat class together with miss Goodwitch, which is where I'm heading right now. 

(short-timeskip)

At Glynda's combat class, Týra was engaged in a fight with both Pyrrha and Yang. Earlier, Dean single handily took down the entirety off CRDL, especially after they made Ember cry. As a result, Dean declared to fight all four. Then, he was a troll to them when he used nothing but Dr. Faust, his Gunslinger and Royal Guard styles, and dance moves to utterly humiliate them.

After that, the three girls chose to fight each other. Their skills were pretty evenly matched, including on using their weapons and semblance. But surprisingly, Týra didn't use her's once. Towards the end of the fight, Yang and Týra locked fists until Yang had pushed straight through.

Yang: (grins) C'mon, Týra! Where's that Spartan Rage of yours? The tournament gonna throw everything at us.

Týra: For you, yes. But, my team isn't in it. Besides, you should focus more on your surroundings.