Volume 2 Chapter 6: Painting the town with a Red Sun

Y/N's POV

As I walked with Blake, Týra and Sun, still annoyed by the cat ears they put on me, Blake stops at a wall with three scratch marks. She traces her fingers across the marks, peeks around the corner and looks back at us.

Blake: This is it.

Y/N: (peeking around the corner) Jackpot.

We head inside the building and a man announces all new recruits to keep to the right and we are handed Grimm masks.

Y/N: So what's up with the masks?

Blake: The masks are a symbol. Humanity wanted to make monsters out of us, so we chose to don the faces of monsters.

Sun: Grimm masks... that's kind of dark.

Blake: (puts her mask on) So was the guy who started it.

Y/N: (put my mask on) Whatever floats your boat.

Týra: (puts her mask on) Let's just get this over with.

We walked in a single file line with all the new recruits when we got to a large room and saw dozens maybe hundreds of White Fang soldiers. A masked man stepped onto the stage.

White Fang Lieutenant: Thank you all for coming. For those of you who are joining us for the first time tonight, allow me to introduce a very special comrade of ours! I can assure you, he is the key to obtaining what we have fought for so long!

We saw someone walking onto the stage, hoping it was Torchwick. But my eyes widen in shock when I saw it wasn't Torchwich, but Sundower in his black trench coat. 

Y/N: Sundowner?

Y/N: Sundowner?

Týra: You know him?

Y/N: Another member of Desperado's elite and their leader. But why is he here? 

We also saw Roman Torchwick walked on stage resulting in "Boos" growls and hisses from the crowd.

Sundowner: Thank you, thank you! Yes, I am thrilled to be here tonight, ladies and gents!

Antler Faunus: What's a human doing here?!

Sundowner: Now, now, no need to lump me up with them. Believe it or not, we all have much in common, primarily how superior we are. I may look human, but my cybernetic speed, strength, and intellect makes me a mark above those humans who wanna put you in cages or the slaughterhouse. Let me ask you all something, why is it that humanity is so determined to keep you under their heel? Is it because they think they're the ones in power? Or that you're more akin to animals? No, that's not it at all. It's simply because... The Faunus are better. Many of you have gifts that humans can only wish for. Night vision, enhanced senses, stronger durability and mobility, I'd wager if you were allowed to evolve further... many bird-based Faunus might even develop the natural ability to fly! And you don't even need Semblances! Humanity knows this, and they're afraid. They're afraid you'll be at the top spot, so they want to keep you down as much as possible, but I'd rather not see such potential go to waste.