Volume 1 Chapter 15: Jaunedice

3rd Person POV:

The scene starts with Cardin Winchester with his mace perched on his shoulder and Jaune Arc opposite to him with Crocea Mors drawn, leaning on his weapon as if exhausted, in the spotlight shining on the Beacon Academy auditorium.

He looks at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to change forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. 

Jaune looks back, surprised, as Cardin's mace sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose!

Jaune: Over my dead-!

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace about to deliver a fatal blow.

Y/N: Cardin! 

Cardin looks at Y/N. 

Y/N: It's over, see?!

Y/N pointed to the scroll that shows Jaune's aura is red.

Glynda: He's right, that's enough Mr. Winchester!

Cardin relents and walks away as she comes onto the stage, tapping her tablet.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament-style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.

While Jaune still lays on the floor in defeat and Pyrrha Nikos looks sad, Glynda turns her head to look at the losing warrior as he pulls out his Scroll with his low, blinking stats and of his entire team.

Glynda: Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?