Volume 2 Chapter 7: A Gender Curse

The scene starts with Y/N and Team RWBY currently on a mission to hunt a demon inside an abandoned warehouse.

Y/N was patrolling up ahead so that they don't get flank while team RWBY was looking behind with weapons ready so that they don't get flank from behind either.

Y/N: (whistles) Hey demon, come out wherever you are. I promise to not kill you too badly.

Ruby then approached him from behind while her team were still watching. She looked at Y/N who appeared a bit more stressed and a lot more serious than usual.

And when she tapped his shoulder, he turned and pointed Ivory into Ruby's face which got her by surprised. Y/N realized that and lowered his gun while looking in some other direction.

Y/N: (worried) Sorry I... didn't mean to do that.

Ruby: (worried, puts both her hands on his cheeks) Hey you okay? You're a lot more tensed and serious than usual.

Y/N: I'm alright. I was just pissed that Roman got away.

Then Yang came in and joined the conversation as well although with a bit of a serious look on her face.

Yang: We know and we will get him. It's just that... lately you have been acting a lot more differently.

Y/N: Yang, it's complicated...

Yang: Y/N, I don't understand what's complicated! 

The rest of the team then started to get close and joined in on the conversation to see what was going on. Especially now with Y/N showing a bit a negative emotion towards what Yang just said.

Y/N: It's just... everything is happening so fast. Desperado making their move, demons with enhance armor and weaponry. Blake is right about something big is about to happen. One that we might not be prepared for.

Blake had a bit of a regretful look. It's true that she wants to capture Torchwick and stop Desperado from creating even more demon like weapons. But she also doesn't want her boyfriend to go overboard and get tired to the point of not being able to fight. 

Blake holsters her weapon and then hugs Y/N who was caught a bit off guard because of the sudden hug.

Blake: (worried) I know you want to stop Desperado and protect all of us but.... (hugs him tighter) You can't protect us if you keep being so serious. I see you're not sleeping at all whenever we're going to bed.

Y/N: Blake... (hugs her back) I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you and the others. Maybe I am being too serious.

Then Weiss hugged Y/N from the side with also a look of worried plastered on her face.

Weiss: Yeah, being serious isn't your style... You lovable dolt.

Y/N: Weiss... (senses something) Look out! 

Y/N grabs Weiss and Blake as he, Ruby, and Yang avoid an incoming attack which was a fireball.

Y/N: You girls okay? 

Blake: We're alright.

Weiss: It must be from the demon.

Y/N and team RWBY looked at the direction of the attacker, and Weiss was right for it was the flaming demon with a sinister chuckle that actually shivers down the spine of RWBY minus Y/N because he's already used to demon's creepiness.