Volume 1 Chapter 9: The Badge and The Burden

Ruby's POV: 

I woke up and got dressed then woke up Yang and Blake as they both got ready. Then I notice Weiss and Y/N still asleep.

I walked right beside the bed before blowing a whistle I got from my pocket. Then Weiss yawned then stretched her arms as looked down at a sleeping Y/N before smiling.

Then I blew the whistle waking up Y/N and making the both of them fall off the bed.

Weiss: Gah! (falls on top of Y/N) 

Ruby: Goooood morning Team Rwby!

Y/N's POV: 

Y/N: What?! Where?!

I look around as I looked up and saw a blushing heiress sitting on my waist. I was also blushing before I decided to mess with Weiss.

Y/N: (jokes) Jeez, Weiss. At least take me to dinner first.

Then she quickly stood up, dusting herself off before replying with a red face.

Weiss: Like I'd ever go on a date with you! (mutters) But you are handsome, you dolt.

Y/N: What was that? 

Weiss: N-nothing! Ruby, what in the world is wrong with you?!

Y/N: (yawns) You better get use to that if you're living with Ruby.

Ruby: Now that you two are awake, we can officially begin our first order of business!

Weiss: Excuse me? 

Y/N: Begin what? 

Yang: (holds a bag of items) Decorating!

Weiss: What? 

Blake: We still have to unpack (her suit case falls open) And clean.

Ruby then blows a whistle in front of Weiss making her fall over again. I groan as I went back on the bed and pulled the blanket. 

Ruby: Y/N, it's not bedtime yet! 

Ruby then belly flops me. 

Y/N: GAAH!!! Alright, alright, I'm up!

We then started decorating our room: Yang hangs up a band poster, Weiss hangs a painting of a forest, Blake puts her books on a bookshelf, and I put my electric guitar on a stand.

Weiss: This isn't going to work.

Blake: It is a bit cramped.

Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff...

Y/N: And sleep on the floor for four years? Great plan Yang!

Ruby: Or we could ditch the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!

Weiss: Umm, that sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: And super awesome!

Blake: It does seem efficient.

Y/N: Eh, I don't care. I'll just go wait in the hall.

I started walking out of the room and into the hallway and waited a few minutes, then hearing the sounds of construction before I knock on the door.

Y/N: You ladies alright in here?

I walked through the door then saw the most unstable looking bunk beds.