Volume 2 Chapter 2: Training and Limbo

After the incident at Vale, Y/N would start his training with Dean, Vali, Nikki, and Týra on how to control his powers. 

The first day, Y/N decided to be taught by Nikki on magic stuff. They first meet at the outside the school grounds. 

Y/N: Alright, what's the first step? 

Nikki: This. (gives a cane) 

Y/N: (deadpanned) A cane? How do you think I am? A hundred years old? 

Nikki: That's not an ordinary cane. It's a Devil Arm.

Y/N: You're joking. 

Nikki: I'm serious. This will allow you harness not only your demonic power, but also your Umbra Witch powers as well. 

Y/N: Okay then. How does it work? 

Nikki: Well, my primary magic revolves around summoning spirits and using Umbra witchcraft. Since you're a newbie, we can start small with trying to summon a small creature, or learning how to channel magic through our weapons. 

Y/N: Summoning? 

Nikki: You know my Semblance is summoning spirits. I'm allow to summon three so far. Karasu, Ravenge, and Madama Butterfly. That cane will help you with your summoning abilities, try it. 

Y/N: Okay then. 

Y/N looks at the cane before he placed his hand on the hand and stabbed the end of it onto the ground. He closed his eyes and concentrated as he began channeling his demonic and Umbra Witch power. Soon, a dark blue magic circle appeared above him as a demon-like bird appeared from the circle. 

Griffon: (ruffles his feathers) Wow! Finally, someone finally summoned me

Griffon: (ruffles his feathers) Wow! Finally, someone finally summoned me. I've been stuck in that bird cage for years. 

Y/N: A bird? My first summon is a bird? 

Griffon: Hey, show some respect, kid! The name's Griffon. And I'm your first Familiar. 

Karasu: (appears and lands on Nikki's shoulder) Oh, it's a fellow talking bird.