SULKY SHAURYA

Shaurya's POV.

Rehne do Anokhi, don't bother... You ain't owing me any answers for this. Waise bhi kuch sawalo ke jawab na he diye jae, to he behtar hote hai...

A sluggish desolated exclaim and I impromptly parted away from her. The realization of her grip loosening on my torso furnished me with all my required answers, something that I anticipated long ago.

Though I had a vague idea about it, but with her hands wringing in anxiety and that heaved sigh of hers, it just said it all.

I was so badly cursing myself over my own stupidity. Having known her admiration towards her so called Shaan uncle I still thought to give it a try... Maine phir bhi ye sawal poochne ki bewakoofi ki... wow... I couldn't have made myself a bigger fool than this.

Anokhi zara wo box pass karna mujhe...

Keeping my blanched smile in place I turned the other side, intentionally engaging myself in the idol sculpting session and evidently escaping away, sniffing my own defeat in between her choices.

Her precarious and fragile state was quite evident through her long held silence and foreseeing the level of conundrum that she must have been experiencing at this point in time, I decided to pull myself back, not wanting to exaggerate this matter any more.

Momentarily stealing glances at her, I tried to keep my focus intact over the work station.

I clearly knew had I stretched the matter any further, I would have been surely standing at the losing side.

Her veneration for Shaan's deeds had always been unwavering and for her to even doubt them was possibly not conceivable.

What if Anokhi prioritizes him over me, this mere thought itself is so unsettling that letting go off this matter seemed to be the best viable option for me.

Pulling out the clay from the storage bin, I started kneading it.

Every year, during Ganesha festival myself and Golu team up for sculpting a home made Ganesha and today it also helped me in timely divulging out from this vacillating situation.

Ye lijiye Shaurya...
She came back handing me over the pastel color box and returning her a formal smile I again shifted my focus back on my work.

A gloomy hush took over the moment as the silence continued to prevail, and here for the very first time we shied away from holding our mutual gaze fealing awkwardly uncomfortable in this dejecting daunting ambience.

POV end.

On one side dithering to come to any conclusions Anokhi remained muted scuffling to decide as how she should be dealing with the situation upfront while other side kneading the organic clay Shaurya maintained his share of stifle being deeply rooted in furrowing his place which was so hidden behind her Insolent silence.

Matarani kya karu mein inka... Gussa to har waqt jaise inki naak pe he baitha hota hai...

Cringed at the sight of his whiny state a faint mirthy chortle escaped her lips.
That vexed innocent soul mercilessly dealing with the wet clay made her titter over his goofy childish antics.

Sawal kia hai to jawab bhi apko zaroor milega Shaurya...
Per usse pehle mujhe pata hai ki apka mood kaise theek karna hai...