RENDERED TORN AND NAKED

____________________
Next Day morning 🌄

As the dawn painted in the clear sky,
it's warm rays quietly tiptoed inside through the thick curtains of the dark
room illuminating the sight of them embraced in each other's arms.

The soft rustling of the curtains hinted at the promise of a new day as Anokhi sloppily stirred at the humm of it.

Her senses slowly coming back to life feeling someone's steady breath tickling at the nape of her neck.

She slowly opened her eyes against the blank wall. Her surroundings seemed quite unfamiliar, and for a short span she went completely blank until the memories of the previous night came rushing down to her in a flash.

It took her few moment to realize where she actually was as she blinked a couple of times to flush away the remnants of that restless night.

With her back facing him, her groggy gaze landed on the strong, familiar arms that encircled her from behind.

Anokhi slightly crooked her head and saw him, lying beside her in deep slumber, his arm holding her gently.

It was not just wrapped, rather firmly secured in place, as if cradling and shielding the precious lives growing inside her.

Tears started staining her pillow again. Her hand instinctively moved to her belly, where his palm was tenderly placed and those stinging memories shored back again.

She closed her eyes, allowing herself to mollify down into his warmth.

With her hand gently resting on top of his, she wanted to forget and forgive everything for now and just feel this protective cocoon around herself.

It was indeed a complex mix of raw emotions - anger hurt betrayal but above all - it was her love for him, all getting amalgamated togther to nearly choak her down from all sides.

The heartburn was still live smoldering like never before, but a different feeling of completeness tugged at her heart.

A part of her desperately yearned to relish this moment, to surrender herself into the comfortness of his arms and harbour this silent reassurance that they would face whatever lay ahead together.

Being cautious of not disrupting his sleep she quietly turned in his arms, to get a clearer view of his sleeping figure.

The steady rise and fall of his chest told her, he was still fast asleep.

Nestling herself even more closer over the same pillow she kept gazing at him silently, a small part of her wanted to melt down at the sight of his innocence.

His sleeping form was the most priceless sight for her ever.

She had done this million times before during their Dubai stay, many mornings had been like this -

the sole true witness when she had been soaking herself in the sight of his sleeping figure for hours and hours and today she was reliving that moment yet again.

With her eyes still absorbing the calmness of his face, her palm unknowingly traveled to his cheek, timidly feathering it and soaking in his presence around her.

She vividly remembered the weight of loneliness that had pressed deeper and deeper onto her the previous night, when tears had been her sole companion forcing her to sob herself to sleep all alone.

She yearned for him that time, badly craved for just his presence around but he was nowhere found and now she woke up with the reality of him being by her side and being nestled in his embrace like always.