!.BRUISES AND BALMS.!

"Reema ne aisa kyu kaha..."
A jiffy pause as the surrounding went ominous and languid with her upheld silence.

"Kuch hai kya Anokhi...
jo mujhe pata nahi hai..."

With doubts floating in air Shaurya's scrutinized eyes tried reading beyond her silence. He could clearly sense the tension pilling up with the heaviness of her words that were still left unsaid.

"Kuch nahi hai Shaurya...
Kya aap bhi, Reema ki baato mein aa rahe hai..."

But meekly whispering so Anokhi hastily spun off his lap.

Swallowing nervously she shied from his gaze, her eyes darting around the corner as if searching for an escape and this didn't went unnoticed by him.

"Aur yahi baat tum meri aankhon mein dekh kar bolo..."

But refusing to back down Shaurya reflexively jabbed her wrist in time conceding her not to evade from this situation.

She can do anything but those eyes of her have to still learn the art of deception. They can never lie to him.

A pregnant silence engulfed the place as her gaze slowly raked down the path from her tamed wrist uptil his eyes before asking.

"Kya janana hai aapko Shaurya..."
Her voice held a tinge of voidness in it.

"Sab kuch Anokhi..."
Holding her wrist Shaurya too got off from his seat.

"What is it...
that you are not telling me..?
Kuch to zaroor hai... I can feel it, mehsoos kar sakta hu mein usse..."

He gave a reassuring squeeze to her wrist persevering her to open up.

"Wow...
to ye mehsoos kar liya aapne... lekin jo feel karna chahiye tha wahi nahi kiya..."

Flashing a half lipped mocking smile she wriggled her wrist to at last escape his hold.

"Bahoot kuch hai Shaurya batane ko... jiska ki aapko koi andaza he nahi hai...

"pichle teen dino mein itna kuch hua hai ki agar hum baat karne baith jaye na to raat se din aur din se kab raat ho jayegi, humme pata he nahi chalega..."

She heaved a defeated sigh, not knowing from where she should start and where to end.

"Aur haan Reema ne jo kuch bhi kaha... bilkul sahi kaha... aaj mujhe aapki sabse zyada zaroorat thi... sayad itni ki mein aapko wo pal explain he nahi kar paungi..."

"Anokhi I know..."

"No Shaurya.... you don't know... you bloody don't know anything..."

She roared aloud jerking his hand that tried to wrap around her.

"In that moment how much I have craved for you.... I have craved for my husband... my partner... my..."

She chocked to fill in the last words as her cold bleak eyes inadvertently turned glassy with flashes of the yearning and incompleteness that she felt in that moment.

"Wo hamari moment hoti Shaurya....
I so wanted to live that with you... cherish that with you...
per dekhiye na jaane anjane aapne hamari wo moment he kharab kar di..."