Capítulo 64 - What completes you

ANNE

- Anne, what do you think about going to Charlotte Town this weekend?
They were in the book club, where they came every afternoon to study, but on that Thursday, the books lay beside Anne, unopened by either of them.
Both had always been diligent students, and that hadn't changed as their relationship progressed, but in recent days, Anne had put aside her eagerness to learn a little to devote herself to Gilbert.

Time passed quickly, and a month had passed since they had become engaged. Every day, Anne would get up, look at the calendar on her wall, and mark with red pen the days remaining until Gilbert's departure.

Five months separated Anne from her loneliness. So she didn't want to waste any time. They were together every hour of the day. At school, after school, and often in the evening. When he didn't show up for dinner, he would appear in Anne's room just as Marilla and Matthew were going to bed, and in this way they let their feelings guide them, finding a thousand and one different ways to love each other.

This is how Anne intended to live for the next few months that remained to her. She wanted to be with Gilbert every possible second, to love him until she had impregnated her pores with his scent, tattooed every outline of Gilbert's face on her skin, and imprinted his sweet kisses, his silky touch, and his wonderfully brown eyes on her mind.

Anne looked at Gilbert before answering the question he had asked her, and thought to herself how much she would miss touching that dark hair, brushing away the naturally curly locks that insisted stubbornly on falling across his forehead, and admiring those dimples that formed in Gilbert's face when he smiled. God! Would she ever suffer less from this separation? She knew it wouldn't be forever, but what would she do to convince her heart? At least she had on her finger the promise they had made to each other, and it was the only thing that rocked her dreams now.

- I think it's an excellent idea, but you know Marilla won't allow it, right? Although she has changed her mind about many things, she is still bound by convention. She would never let me travel alone with you. - She stood up and laid her head on Gilbert's shoulder.

- But, we're not traveling alone, Mary and Sebastian are going too. Mary has relatives in Charlotte Town she wants to visit this weekend, so I thought you might enjoy this little trip.

- What do you have in mind? - she asked, now looking into his eyes, and wrapping her arms around his neck.

- I thought we could go out to dinner, or to the theater, because I know you love that kind of cultural entertainment. He wrapped his arms around her waist, as he settled her on his lap.

- It's an interesting program. Which play are we going to see? - Anne kissed Gilbert on the cheek and then ran her fingers through the strands of hair on the back of his neck. - She heard Gilbert sigh softly, and smiled secretly. She enjoyed playing with his emotions, especially when they were having a more serious conversation. Testing Gilbert's resistance had become one of her favorite games lately. She loved to see the boy's reactions when she touched him without him expecting it, it made her feel in control, even though deep down she knew she wasn't in control of anything.

- It's a surprise. - The hands on her waist squeezed her more tightly and Anne felt Gilbert's body hard against her own. Anne liked it when they were like this, wrapped in this aura of seduction. It was as if they could forget what life was like beyond those four walls.

- You've surprised me a lot lately. May I ask why?- her lips were very close to Gilbert's neck, and his breathing became irregular.

- I didn't give you an engagement present. I thought this trip would be perfect," he closed his eyes as he felt Anne's kisses on his neck.  When her hands opened his shirt and touched his bare chest, he stopped resisting and lay her between the pillows, pinning her to his body. The kiss was inevitable, as were all the sensations that exploded inside Anne.