Part 5 - Looking for Anne

GILBERT

Gilbert had gotten ready for the party with all possible care. He was vain, but he didn't like extremes, except that tonight he wanted to look very elegant, and for this reason he wore black riding pants, white shirt and black boots too.

When he came down to meet Sebastian, his friend looked up in admiration and said:

- How elegant! You seem to have come out of a fashion magazine.

- Don't exaggerate, Sebastian. It's not for that. You just want to embarrass me -. Gilbert said

- Does all this have to do with the little smile I saw on your face when you arrived from the beach yesterday? - Sebastian provoked him.

- Of course not, you're imagining things. I have to go. - Gilbert answered, leaving the house in a hurry before Sebastian began his usual interrogation.

he didn't want to tell Sebastian what had happened on the beach, at least not yet. he wanted to understand first what was going on between him and Anne, so he preferred to keep his feelings a secret. He still felt confused, although he knew that what he had shared with her on the beach was something magical that had made him realize that there was much more to it than just an attraction. No girl had ever been able to affect him as much as that little redhead, and so he needed to find out what was the real reason for his fascination or almost adoration for her. She had spent the whole day remembering what they talked about, how they looked at each other and almost kissed each other. He couldn't get Anne out of his mind, he needed to see her soon or he would go crazy, did she feel that way too?

He walked all the way to the charity bazaar thinking about what Anne would say when he met her. But when he arrived at the party he couldn't see her anywhere. He only saw Ruby and Josie having ice cream and chatting excitedly in one of the stalls, which made him change his ways, because he knew that if Ruby saw him, he would come and talk to him and he didn't know if he would have patience for her futilities that day.

Then he heard a voice give a cry of happiness, and saw Anne in the arms of a boy he wasn't sure he knew, but the only thing he recorded was his hands on her waist and the warm embrace Anne gave him. For the first time in his life, Gilbert felt a fierce jealousy. All he wanted was to go over there and take her hands off that boy and forbid him to touch her again. But he couldn't take a step, hating that feeling that seemed to burn his chest, as if someone with a hot iron was marking him there without mercy. He watched as they talked for a few minutes, and when the boy left Anne alone he decided to go talk to her, but before he could reach her he heard the girl tell Marilla she'd take a walk, and there went Gilbert went after her, feeling ridiculous for following a girl. It was then that she passed near him while he was being watched from a distance, and Gilbert held her by the wrist and said just to provoke her:

- Are you looking for me, redhead?

Hi, I hope you like. This one was short, but the next one is longer. Let me know your opinions. Sorry for any mistakes. Kisses.