Part 36- Our destiny

Hello guys, I hope you enjoy this part. Sorry for any mistakes. Kisses.

ANNE

- Anne, wake up! Stop sighing for Gilbert Blythe and tell me the whole story. - Anne looked at her friend with a dreamy look, memories of the walk on the farm and her reconciliation with Gilbert still invaded her thoughts. They were in Diana's room with the intention of studying, but as soon as the redhead arrived her friend hadn't even opened her books, because she was more interested in what Anne had to tell about her and Gilbert.

- I've told you all about it. What else do you want to know?

- Do you mean you slept together in the same bed? - Anne looked at Diana's face and saw that her friend was watching her with a certain malice.

- It's not what you think, Diana. We just hugged and I only lay in the same bed as Gilbert because he wasn't feeling well, and he needed me. - Anne explained, not wanting her friend to have a wrong idea of the night she'd spent with Gilbert.

- Oh, of course. I forgot you're still too innocent for certain things. - Diana laughed with the expression on Anne's face.

- I'm not that innocent. I know very well what can happen when a woman and a man spend the night together in the same bed, but in my case it was different.

- For God's sake, Anne! Do you want to convince me that you didn't feel or think anything while you were in that room with him? I always think of something when I'm with Jerry.

- Of course I did, Gilbert's wonderful after all, but I think we're too young for something like that. Besides, Gilbert respects me a lot, and he would never force me into anything I didn't want.

- And you don't want to? - Diana asked suddenly, leaving Anne embarrassed. She didn't feel comfortable talking to her friend about such intimate matters. She had no experience of it, though she was not a lay person, for the books she had read always described the intimacies a man and woman could have when they were in love, a fact she could only imagine since she had never had a boyfriend before so that she could verify that what they said was true.

- Diana, stop being so indiscreet," rebuked Anne.

- We are women Anne, and we are in love. What's wrong with that?

- It's a very serious matter for us to be discussing now. We should be studying, after all I came here for that.

- Don't change the subject, young lady. - Anne rolled her eyes, Diana wouldn't give up.

- You're talking about a kind of intimacy we should only have with our husbands," Anne answered.

- What world do you live in, Anne? Things are changing. In France it's not like that anymore.

- We're not in France, Diana. We're in Avonlea, the most traditional and moralistic city in the world, have you forgotten?

- And who cares what these people here think?- asked Diana with a certain air of irritation.

- Marilla cares, your mother cares, I do, and until recently you cared too. What has changed? Anne was surprised at the way Diana spoke. Her friend had always been more of a prude than she was, and now she spoke as if nothing they taught her mattered.

- I talked a lot with Aunt Josephine, and she opened my eyes to a lot of things I had never thought about before.

- Aunt Josephine is a grown woman and she owns her own nose. She can live as she wants and do whatever she wants. We are just two fifteen-year-old girls who have no life experience and still depend on their families. When we are adults we can choose how we want to live, but until then we have to follow the rules, even if we don't agree with them. I hope you understand that and don't do anything stupid. - Anne was serious now.