Part 8 - Trying to get closer

GILBERT

Gilbert had spent the rest of the weekend thinking about Anne and the kiss they exchanged. Obviously she wasn't the first girl he had kissed, but she was certainly the first to awaken that incredible feeling of euphoria and passion. He had just discovered another of Anne Shirley Cuthbert's many talents: she kissed divinely. And it reminded him of how perfect the exchange of affection had been between them, as if there had been a meeting of souls with a chorus of angels whispering in his ears, and the rainbow had suddenly appeared after the storm.

What surprised Gilbert most was the way Anne had responded to his affection, she generally looked so serious that she never smiled at him, even when he gave her a compliment, and at that moment she looked so sweet and soft in his arms, her soft lips exploring his anxiously. It was as if the distance between them did not exist, and all his desires were there within reach of his hands. All the months he had been away had been so lonely, with only the memory of her accompanying him everywhere, although he had denied it for so long, he loved her, and understood that now. A redheaded sorceress had bewitched him with her eyes, and a beautiful fairy had stolen his heart.

He had just not understood why she ran away, leaving him alone and asking him to forget what had happened. He wanted to talk to her very much and needed to, but he knew that he would have to wait until Monday, because he did not want to disturb her any further.

Finally the day that he had waited so long had arrived. he was so anxious that he'd barely been able to eat anything before he went to school. The first thing he saw when he arrived was Billy Andrews disturbing her, and he wished he could punch that arrogant face, but he controlled himself, he wouldn't solve anything by going to violence. But Anne hadn't accepted his help well, saying that she would solve the problem on her own, and when she had hit Billy with her boots, he couldn't help laughing and remembering the day she had hit him with her blackboard. But he realized his mistake too late, because when he looked at the girl he realized that she hadn't found his comment funny at all, looking at him really angry.

Gilbert had cursed himself mentally, he had provoked Anne again. He had a lot to say to her, though, all he'd gotten was her anger. He didn't know why Anne had the power to awaken that ironic side of him, perhaps because that was the only way to get her attention. This girl was full of contradiction, one hour she was in his arms as if it were his alone, and the next she was ready to fill him with her anger. he was getting exhausted from so many mood swings, "I think I'm going to need a manual to understand the bad genius of redheads, or rather, one in particular," Gilbert thought. It seems that love and hate went together after all.

And then he spent the next few hours watching her every move, and at a few moments he noticed Anne looking at him too and he tried to smile at her, but the redhead got serious, discouraging any approach from him. He was getting frustrated and by lunchtime he was losing patience. Is it possible that she was really going to ignore him all day? He couldn't stand another minute without talking to her.

Hi, I hope you like this part and let me know your opinion. Kisses. Sorry for any msitakes.