Threats

♣️Season 1, Episode 5♣️

Wheeling up to the team, Nicole notices how agitated Matt is but decides to question him later, "What do we got?"

Kelly moves out of her way, "Trapped arm."

She hops up, "How are you feeling?" She asks the sweating man. 

"Not so good, to tell you the truth."

"What's your name, hun?" Nicole makes small talk as Matt and Kelly work together to figure out how to get his arm out.

"Garrett."

Nicole continues asking him questions, "Garrett, how long you've been stuck?"

"I don't know."

She turns to the other workers, "How long has he been stuck?!"

"Okay, we've got to get him out now. We're gonna put some morphine in, you're gonna feel a little prick."

Shay wraps up quickly, "Alright, sweetie, I gave you some morphine and it should be kicking in shortly."

Nicole gets his focus, "Alright, Garrett, we're gonna try and get your arm out now, okay? Here we go. 1, 2, 3."

They start pulling before Garrett yells, "Stop! Wait! I can't!"

Matt stops them, "The gear segments come right off. Get the gears off, we can separate the casing travel with it. We need power drills."

Truck and Squad work together to separate the machine before backing him onto the stretcher the girls rolled up, "Alright, let's get him out of here."

They get him into the ambo, Matt and Kelly jumping in the back with Gabby as Nicole drives with Shay in the passenger's seat.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Arriving at the ER, they all roll in, "Possible crush syndrome, gave four of morphine, heart rate 130, BP 110 palp, two meters of saline."

"Call my boss. Tell-tell him I'll be there tomorrow. So don't worry about covering my shift," Garrett says.

Everyone grabs a part fo the blanket, "Ready? 1, 2, 3."

Moving him onto the bed, a nurse gives him some more morphine, "And he's out."

"We're ready here."

Matt grabs a screwdriver as does Kelly, "All right, let's get this off. It should slide off."

They move piece by piece off before the ER team moves him to the OR. Seeing that Matt's still agitated, Nicole gives the girls a look and they go do paperwork while Nicole pulls Matt aside, "What's up?"

"I went to the CPD this morning. Talked to Voight."

"So you two talked it all out?" Nicole asks, sarcastically.

"No, I yelled," Matt tells her.

Nicole sighs, resting a hand on his cheek, "Matt, you need to be careful. Voight is in with gangs and bangers and who knows who else. You need to be careful. Don't be stupid."

Matt shakes his head, "He just needs to stay away from us. Especially you. I'm not retracting my statement and he needs to understand that. I just told him that."

She bites her bottom lip before nodding, "Okay. Between you and Kelly, the bangers are gonna have ample opportunity to give me a heart attack."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Back at the firehouse, as they clean out the rig, Mouch calls Nicole over, "Hey, Nicole, a little thank you from the Paramedics Regulatory Board for saving that Madeline girl last month. That's your copy."