Power Outage

♣️Season 2, Episode 13♣️

Leaning back in her chair, Nicole looks up when Katie approaches her before jumping up to hug her, "Hey! What are you doing here?"

Katie hugs back, smiling, "I came to talk to you and Kelly about something."

Nicole finds herself looking for Otis, glaring at him slightly, scaring him, "What did Otis do?"

"Nothing, it's not that. Can we just go find Kelly?" Katie asks, dragging her sister away.

They wait outside Kelly's office for not even a second, "Hey."

"Hey," Katie smiles, "I was hoping I could talk to you both for a second? I need some advice."

"What did Otis do?" Kelly asks, holding Katie in a joking serious matter.

"It's not that."

"Good," Kelly opens his office door to his sisters, letting them both in before him, "What's going on?"

Kelly sits in his office chair while Nicole lays down in the bunk as Katie leans against the wall between them, "My boss is opening a new restaurant in New York. And he wanted me to go help set it up."

Nicole smiles, sitting up slightly, "Great."

Katie finishes, "Permanently."

"Permanently?" Kelly hits his hands against his thighs, "Sounds like a great opportunity."

"It is, yeah, it is," Katie nods, looking between the two, "It's just...like, us three are working on this brother-sister-sister thing and...and I just started seeing Brian who is incredible to me and...if I want this...am I being Benny?"

 Nicole quickly moves off the bed, hugging Katie, "What? No! Not at all. Benny only cared for himself. This is a great opportunity for you that you need to jump at."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Getting a call, Nicole sees Gabby following Shay and Rafferty, "Mind if I ride along, Nic?"

"If you can stay out of the way," Nicole nods, jumping into the passenger seat as Shay drives and Rafferty and Gabby go in the back.

Putting on her hat and scarf, Nicole jumps into the snowy street to see a car had hit a pole.

"Somebody's hurt real bad over here!" A woman screams, catching Gabby's attention from between the two houses.

"Nic, Shay, Rafferty, we got a victim," Gabby tells them.

They see a woman, unconscious, laying in the snow, "Driver must of hit her. Dispatch, we're gonna need another ambo at Vermont and 127th."

A man in the crowd watching, steps forward, "It was Jimmy Boylan! He was drunk off his ass."

Shay stands up, pushing him back, "Back up, sir. Back."

"Everyone get clear!" Boden's yell catches Nicole's attention before a power line falls and causes a blackout down the entire grid.

As they load the victims up, Gabby tells Rafferty, "You know, maybe you should check her Glasgow coma scale."

No one says anything before they finish loading up and start heading to the hospital.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole and Gabby walk into the firehouse as Rafferty and Shay are in charge of inventory, to the news playing while the others rearrange the common room, "...This was likely the cause of the blackout. A spokesperson at ComEd said they don't know how long it will take to restore the power."