Inheritance

♣️Season 2, Episode 12♣️

Nicole lays back on the couch in the common room as Mills walks in and the guys on Truck start giving him crap, "Ah, will you look at this? Could they at least get you a shirt that fits?"

She fake wolf whistles at him as Otis pulls out a chair, "You'll still sit with us, won't you?"

Mills takes it, "Okay, I know the traditions, you guys have some sort of prank planned for me, but good luck," He picks the chair up and looks at the bottom of it, "Because I am keeping my eyes wide open."

Getting up, Nicole grabs a cup of coffee before going to stand by Shay, Matt and Rafferty when Shay asks her, "Hey, Nic, how's Dawson doing at the academy? I miss our partner."

"Way to make the new girl feel welcomed," Rafferty comments, still looking at the newspaper.

"Looks, it's going to take more than just homophobia and too much eye shadow to win my affections, Rafferty," Shay smiles.

"Hey, is Dawson stopping by here? Cause the bank is stepping in now, and they need us to come up with 10% of Molly's assessed value.  And since we don't have 50,000 bucks laying around, we're looking to get an extension," Herrmann asks, explaining the problems the bar is having.

Nicole nods, "Yes, she'll be here."

Kelly taps Matt's shoulder, hip-checking Nicole who swats his arm in return, "Hey, did you pick up the lumber at the salvage place?"

"I did, but there's too much to fit in my truck. We need a transport."

"Hey, any of you guys have a contact with a trucking company who can haul lumber on the cheap, or, better yet, for free?" Kelly turns to the guys in the common room.

Mouch raises his hand holding a pen in the air, which Cruz calls on, "Yes, Mouch, you know someone?"

He shakes his head, "No, I...I have a question. Even though he's no longer the candidate, Mills can still do the cooking, right?"

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Forget it. I already tossed my pots and pans," Some of the guys look so upset by the news, you'd think the world was ending.

"Okay, starting next week, we draw straws. I'll contact Katie and see if she can cook something up otherwise I'll some cooking," Nicole says, grabbing her phone to text her new sister.

Shay snaps her fingers in Otis face before whispering to each other as Nicole and Kelly talk, "Did Katie told you that she, Ember and I had lunch together yesterday."

"Should I be worried for some reason?" Kelly asks, dealing out some cards.

"Yes, because. I told her how to get away with dating someone in the firehouse without you being an ass," Nicole smirks slapping Kelly's hand away when he tries to peak at her cards while keeping an eye on Shay and Rafferty walking out together, "Hey, has Shay told you what she thinks of Rafferty?"

"How she had a problem with Shay liking girls otherwise, not really. Why? You thinking of maybe looking for a replacement?" Kelly asks, slapping a card down.

She shrugs, sighing, "I don't know. Rafferty's good but who knows what could go wrong with this thing between Shay and Rafferty. I mean, you remember when Shay and Dawson weren't getting along. It sucked."

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61..."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At the scene, the three paramedics stay back before hearing an explosion. One of the victims is escorted over to them as they start evaluating her, "BP is 112 over 74. Let's keep her at 15 liters and we'll go from there. All right, take some nice, deep breaths for me, okay?"