Closing House?

♣️Season 2, Episode 10♣️

Nicole lays in bed as Matt cradles Ember and walks around, "I can't believe 51 is closing? Who does McLeod think she is?"

Matt sighs, smiling down at their daughter, "We'll figure it out. We've just got to make the most of tomorrow and everything else will work out."

"I know, but it still isn't right. I mean, 51 is the best house in the district. Closing it is personal revenge. And the numbers don't make sense. She's....she's up to something. I know it."

"Trust your gut," Matt tells her, settling Ember down in her bassinet before laying next to Nicole, "Your gut is usually right, so trust it."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole and Matt walk hand in hand to the firehouse, "This is our last shift together. Do you know how weird that feels?"

Matt nods, kissing the back of her hand, "I know, but it's not like we'll never see each other."

She giggles, joking, "I know. That's almost the worse part about it."

"Hey!" He jokes, grabbing her ass, "Not nice."

They join the Chief as he talks with citizens, "Where's the next closest one? Five miles away? What's that do to response times?"

Chief shakes his head, "It doesn't help, that's for sure."

The same woman asks, "So how do they justify it?"

"Like most things, it comes down to money."

Nathan, the boy that Kelly saved, spots the Lieutenant, "Kelly."

Kelly gives a big smile, opening his arms for a hug, "Hey, Nathan. How you doing, buddy?"

He shows off his arm, "The arm's great. I made the basketball team."

Boden addresses everyone, "All of you, I want you to know we share your concerns about the neighborhood. We have always been a neighborhood house, and we....we're sorry."

Nicole gets an idea,"You want to know how you can help?" Nicole addresses the group, "Use your voice. Create bad press around closing this firehouse. We can't do much from the inside, but you making the officials closing the firehouse down look bad? That changes everything," Nicole tells tells them.

The groups nods before turning away to start planning.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Everyone gathers in the meeting room as Mouch stands in front, "These are our new firehouse assignments starting next shift," Kelly and Matt walk in late, "Some of you will be floating until they can find a permanent home. Others, this is it," He pauses before sighing and crumpling the paper up, "You know what? One thing I learned during my campaign is that I should've fought till the end. I regret that I didn't put my foot on Sullivan's throat when I had the chance."

Matt speaks up, "Mouch is right. We still have 24 hours," Before moving to the front of the room next to Mouch, "What did they say at the academy? One shift can change someone's life? Let's change ours."

Kelly nods, "We rally the troops. Reach out to everyone we know."

"And we go after McLeod," Nicole finishes, a glint in her eye.

The alarm blares, "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25. Vehicle accident, 88 West Loomis Street."

♣️♣️♣️♣️