Not Them

♣️Season 1, Episode 15♣️

Nicole rushes through the hospital, looking for Shay or Gabby. She got Shay's text about Clarice's baby and then another one about Antonio getting shot. She finds Shay comforting Gabby in the ER, "Hey, I got your text. Gabby, are you okay?"

She joins their hug, sandwiching Gabby between them, "I don't know. I don't know."

"Shh, we've got you. Let it out, we're here," Nicole shares a look with Shay, kissing the back of Gabby's head.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

On shift, Nicole stands with Mills and Shay listening to Gabby tell them about Antonio, "He was really cagey. We were talking before it happened."

Mills moves forward, "He's-he's lucky you were there. Okay?"

He looks to Shay and Nicole as if their presence was stopping him from hugging Gabby, "Pete, it's fine. They know."

That makes him smile and hug Gabby as Shay asks, "Is he out of ICU?"

"No, not yet. I'm gonna go to the hospital after shift."

"We'll go with you, and we can make a stop or two during shift too," Nicole tells her.

Gabby gives her an appreciative smile as Matt comes in, causing Mills and Gabby to pull away a little, "Hey, how is he?"

She shrugs, "He lost a lot of blood, so, their still doing the transfusions."

Matt pats her shoulder, "I'm so sorry. Your brother went so far and above for us with the Voight thing, if there's anything I can do, just let me know."

"Thank you," Gabby smiles, nodding to Nicole knowing Matt's words come from both of them.

"Uh, Chief wanted me to tell you there's a police detective in his office for some follow-up questions," Matt tells her, holding his hand out for Nicole to go with him.

They go to his office, sitting on the bunk, "I hope Antonio pulls through. It would crush Gabby if anything bad happens to him. I'm just imagining how I would feel if that were Kelly. I-I can't even imagine. I'm gonna be there for Gabby a lot until Antonio gets better."

Matt nods, kissing her temple, "I can be there too. I'm sure Chief won't mind if you stop over at the hospital every once in a while."

"I wouldn't care if he did mind."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Arriving at the lake, they prep for a little boy with possible hypothermia. They watch Kelly descend into the lake as the father shouts, "Please, God, please save my little boy."

Hadley's in charge of the rope and calls out, "Alright, he's at the bottom. Three tugs, he's got him!"

Boden turns around, "Medics, get ready!"

They get him on the stretcher and run, "Get him into the rig, now!"

Shay gets an IV in as Gabby does compressions and Nicole intubates, "Shay, check for lung sounds."

"You're in."

"Let's do a pulse check," Nicole says, seeing tears welling up in Gabby and Shay's eyes as they do as they are told, "Wait, wait a second."

"What?" Gabby asked.

"I got a pulse," She says, feeling around his neck.

Gabby looks for his BP, "BP's 60 over 40."