Tara's File

♣️Season 1, Episode 22♣️

Nicole gets dressed as Matt sleeps on the bed, "I have a request," He comments, waking up.

"Oh, yeah? What?"

He leans over and grabs the back of her pants, pulling her back onto the bed as she giggles, "We don't move from this spot for the whole day."

They kiss before Nicole lays on his chest, "Think we can skip our shift?"

Shrugging, Matt smiles, "We could just have Truck and Ambo pick us up from here if we get any calls."

"Yes, because this bra and pants combo is standard paramedic gear and those boxers," She lifts the blanket, "Are gonna stand up against a fire."

"I'll just call out orders from this spot. Cruz, grab a two and a half. Mouch, put down the sandwich," Matt pretends, causing Nicole to giggle.

Nicole pulls Matt's face back to her, kissing him again, "Only a few more months and moments like these will be impossible to have."

He smiles, moving a hand to rest on her small bump, "Can't wait. Only four more months."

"Four months and our little baby will be here. That reminds me, we have an appointment in a couple days to find out what we're having."

"Sounds good."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Sitting in the rig, Gabby tells them about her conversation with Mills at the beginning of shift, "He loves you, that's good news, right?"

"I don't know," Gabby stares out the windshield.

"Out with it," Nicole looks back at her, "What's running through your mind?"

"I, uh, um, still haven't come clean with him about Boden and his mom, and it just feels like this dark cloud hanging over us."

Feeling her phone buzz, Nicole looks down and sees and a text from Antoino.

From Antonio D: I got some info on Tara.

To Antonio D: Great. I'll text you when I'm done with this call

Because she was busy texting, she missed like half of Gabby and Shay's conversation.

Gabby tries explaining to them, "I just feel guilty, is all I"m saying. A lie of omission is still a lie. And if we're gonna be getting this serious..."

Nicole shrugs, nodding in understanding, "Talk to Boden. It's unfair how this is resting on your shoulders."

The pull up to the call, seeing a deck collapse with people within the wood splinters and on cars. As. they work on checking out a couple patients, Nicole hears a woman's scream and sees her in Boden's arms then she slaps him.

"I got one!" Cruz yells, drawing Nicole's attention. 

She quickly climbs next to him over some of the wood to see a woman laying underneath with a piece of wood stuck in near her neck, crying, "I'm gonna die!"

"You are not gonna die!" She helps Truck clear away the wood, calling out, "She's got an impalement in her chest! And a lot of blood. We gotta get her free enough to transfer her and this piece of wood."

Sobbing more, she says, "I-I can't breathe."

As Mills gets the backboard into position, he coaches her, "Take deep, slow breaths, okay? Slow breaths, slow breaths, alright."

Shay calls back, "We're gonna need more hands!"

"I'm gonna die," She cries.

Gabby tries drawing her attention, "Hey, what's your name?"