Molly's Opening

♣️Season 1, Episode 23♣️

Nicole walks with Matt's arm around her shoulder into the District 21 building. They had a meeting scheduled to talk about the fire that took Hallie. They get to the front desk where Matt greets the Desk Sargent.

"Hey. Lieutenant Casey and PIC Severide. We're here to see Detective Dawson."

The Desk Sargent starts chuckling before announcing to the office, "We've got a fireman and a paramedic in the house. Look at them. Well rested and fed. Must be nice being a fireman. Watching-"

A detective comes up next to Nicole and cuts him off, "Sarge, Sarge! The DOA from the clinic fire, PIC Severide had been best friends with her since childhood."

"Ah. My bad," He shrugs.

"Detective Julie Willhite, Intelligence. I'll take you two upstairs," She shakes their hands, earning a nod from them.

She guides them through the halls to Antonio and Voight talking. Antonio holds a hand out for Matt to shake before hugging Nicole, "I'm so sorry."

"Thanks," Matt nods, "Where we at?"

"I just got off the phone-" Voight starts but Matt cuts him off.

"I don't deal with you. We deal with Antonio."

Voight gestures for Antonio to lead, "ME report came in. Hallie was struck in the back of the head and killed...before the fire started."

Nicole and Matt share a look as they process what Antonio just told them. A radio buzzes to life but Nicole isn't listening until Antonio says, "That's the car that fled the clinic fire."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole and Matt are able to ride along with the unit to the site, "What do we got?"

Patrol Officer Sermons tells him, "A couple of oxy heads. A  handful of priors for armed robbery, mostly around UNYC. They say they knew the car was hot but that they bought it from a black male, 500 and were gonna use it a couple days to do some stick ups and dump it."

One of the men sitting down is leaning over and groaning so Sermons points at him, "He resisted."

"She kicked me in the balls."

"Cry me a river," Antonio shouts to him, causing Nicole to giggle a little.

Patrol Officer Barnes continues, "They're denying any involvement in the clinic. There's no obvious arson or bodily harm in either of their records."

"Who's the brains of the outfit?" Antonio asks.

Barnes points at the guy who didn't get kicked in the balls, "That guy."

"Bring him over here!" Another officer pulls him up and over in front of Antonio, "Who'd you buy the car from?"

"Black dude. Named Shorty."

"Oh, Shorty," Voight nods.

"Shorty!" The guy says again.

Antonio points away, "Get him out of here."

The couple watches as Julie starts hitting on the back of the car and looking around, "Looks like a lot of cars we find in Narcotics. Generic. Dummy plates. Lot of them have traps built in them to move the dope and cash," She explains as she hops in the passenger seat.

Finding something, she grabs a toolkit and hot wires the car for the stereo system to open, "Here we go."

"That's impressive as hell," Nicole says as Julie finds nothing.