Debate and Missing

♣️Season 2, Episode 6♣️

Nicole opens the door with a crying Ember in her arms as Matt took the boys to school, "Beth?"

"Hey, Nicole, I didn't know if you'd remember me. Are you busy?" 

"No, come on in. Sorry about the mess, we have two boys staying with us plus a newborn and long hours so we don't have a lot of time to clean," Nicole clears off a spot on the couch for her stepmother to sit.

"Don't worry about it, I know what it's like," Beth smiles, "I don't mean to intrude but have you heard from Benny at all?"

She nods, bouncing Ember, "Yeah, Kelly and I had breakfast with him a few days ago. Kelly talks to him way more than I do. What's going on? Kelly told me that he's going home every weekend."

Beth shakes her head, gripping her purse, "He hasn't been home in months. The boys need their father."

Nicole sighs, laying a sleeping Ember down and turning to her stepmother, "Beth, I told you when Benny first introduced us that he wasn't always reliable. During my seventh grade year, he started to show up less and less until he and mom were fighting and then I saw him once a blue moon. Benny cares about Benny and I don't think that's gonna change. If anyone knows where he is, it'll be Kelly."

"Is he still at the same apartment as last year?" Beth asks, standing.

"No, let me get you his new address," Nicole writes Kelly's address down for her before giving Beth a hug, "I'm sorry that this is happening. Kelly will try and help."

"Thank you."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Arriving to shift, Nicole finds everyone talking about house closings, "That was Lasky down at headquarters. It looks like McLeod is making her final decision today about which house she's gonna close next," Matt tells the group.

"And?" Mills asks.

"He thinks it's between us and Firehouse 17."

"Man, this must be weighing heavy on the Chief," Cruz sighs.

Mouch walks in from the conference room, "I just want to remind everyone, today is election day for the Union Presidency. Polls will be open all evening starting at five pm, so I urge you all to exercise your right to vote, unless you plan on voting for Greg Sullivan, in which case, forget what I just said."

There are laughs as Nicole looks to her fiancee, "Do you know where Kelly is? I gotta talk to him."

Shay comes in asking the same question, "Has anyone seen Severide?"

"No, I was just wondering the same thing. I've gotta talk to him about Benny."

"What'd he do now?" Mills asks as Nicole lays back against Nicole.

"Ignoring his family, so same old Benny."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Walking out to the floor, Nicole smiles at Griffin as Matt announces, "Somebody blow the bells. We got a VIP here!" 

"Hey!" The crew welcomes him.

"Hey, buddy," Nicole smiles, hugging him as he reaches into his backpack.

"Here are those things you wanted me to grab."

Nicole quickly takes them, kissing the tops of his head, "Thanks! Come on, let's go take over Matt's office."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Matt guides Nicole and Griffin to his office, "This is it."