After

♣️Season 3, Episode 1♣️

Nicole groggily looks around, seeing both Shay and Gabby passed out, "Dawson! Shay!" She scrambles up, "Gabby! Leslie!" She shakes Gabby, managing to wake her up, "Gabby! It's Shay! Hurry!"

The two move over to the downed blonde, ignoring as Matt and Kelly radioed for all three of them over the radio, "I'll start compressions, you check for a pulse."

Gabby nods, the two jumping into action as Kelly comes around the corner, "Dawson! Shay! Nicole!" 

"Come on, Shay. Come on!" Nicole ignores the tears running down her face as she pumps Shay's chest.

"Shay!" Kelly yells.

"One, two, three, four," Nicole cries.

Nicole talks to her brother as he sits across from her, "Blow to the head. Compressions. Kelly, switch with me on three. Ready? One...two...three," The siblings switch so that Nicole's hands are free to grab supplies.

"Come on, Shay. Come on," Kelly encourages as Nicole moves Gabby away to try and feel for Shay's pulse, "Come on, Shay! No. No. No. NO. No!"

Matt comes down the stairs, trying to pull Nicole away, "Let's get her to the ambulance. Nicole!"

"Hang on! Hold on! Shay," Kelly is almost crying.

"Nicole," Matt is stern, him and the rest of 81 taking Shay to the ambulance as Gabby and Nicole are left, sobbing, across from Kelly.

♣️♣️♣️♣️
Flashback

Nicole and Gabby talk as they fold their laundry, "I don't see why we need a third person on 61. Most only have two, and we're a great team."

"According to the powers that be, it's because the two of us are too hotheaded and need someone to balance us out a little. Who knows, maybe they'll be super cool."

Gabby scoffs, "Yeah, right."

Andy interrupts them, "Hey, Nic, you've got someone looking for you on the floor. I think it's you're guys new partner, Leslie Shay."

"Oh, I'm coming with," Gabby tells her, linking their arms together as they move to the apparatus floor where they see a pretty blonde talking with Cruz and Otis. 

Nicole greets with a smile, unlinking her and Gabby's arms, "Hey, Leslie Shay."

"Hey," Shay shakes her hand once it's outstretched.

"Nicole Severide. You can call me Nicole, never Severide. I'm so much better than anyone else who uses that name," Nicole smirks, throwing her voice over to the Squad table where her older brother was sitting.

"Should I know what that means?" Shay asks.

Gabby shakes her head, "Not yet, but you will. I'm Dawson, Gabriella."

Shay smiles, "Okay, yeah, I've heard like a million good things about you two."

Cruz jokes, "And probably a million bad things to counteract."

"Hey, remember your Lieutenant is my boyfriend and I'm not afraid of asking him to make you run drills," Nicole says, smiling so he knows she's joking, "Come on, we'll show you around."

As they start to walk away, Gabby gestures back to the two, "So that's Cruz and Otis, they're totally harmless, trust me. I mean, they're gonna ask you out, but-"