Girl's Trip

♣️Season 2, Episode 18♣️

Nicole kisses Ember's cheeks over and over as she says goodbye for the weekend, "Mommy's gonna miss you so much."

"Nic, it's one weekend. Ember won't grow up over a couple nights," Matt reminds her, "Or, you could take her with you?"

"No, absolutely not," Nicole shakes her head, "Shay, Gabby and I will be drinking and I don't want her to see that until she's talking at least."

"Momma," Ember says, her first word.

Matt smiles, taking Ember to hold over his head, "That's my big girl!"

Nicole looks over Matt's shoulder at their daughter, "Aw! My baby's speaking! I might cry."

"Momma!" Ember repeats, clapping when she sees how happy her parents are.

A car horn honks, "That's Shay and Gabby. Momma will be back in a couple days, you be good for daddy, okay?"

Ember nods, as if she can understand her mom, but really, she's just copying Nicole's head motions.

Matt kisses Nicole, "Go, we'll be alright. If anything happens, we have the guys at the firehouse."

"Okay, that doesn't make me feel much better. If something happens, call Cindy or Christine."

"Right. Love you," Matt gives her another kiss, before patting her ass as she turns to leave.

"Love you too."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

The three women pull up to a snowy cabin, Shay looking around, "Where are the seven dwarfs, right?"

"Yeah, it's awesome."

"Do you smell that? It's like one of those pine-scented air thingies you get at the carwash," Shay says, causing Nicole to laugh as she opens the trunk.

"Welcome to Paradise at Bailey's Harbor," A woman calls from behind, "You must be Leslie."

They shake hands, "Hi, yeah. These are my friends Nicole and Gabby."

"Hi, I'm Margie Cavanaugh. This is my husband, Thomas."

He shakes their hands, "Pleasure to meet you. Anything you need, just ask. We're right next door," He hands the keys to Shay, "Enjoy that fireplace."

Carrying their bags to the cabin, Nicole smiles, "This is gonna be great."

Shay looks around the cabin, "So, after reading their website, I guess they worked the board of trade in Chicago for 15 years, then cashed out, bought this place."

"Awesome," Gabby says.

"Yeah," Shay bumps hips with Nicole, "That's gonna be you and Casey in 20 years- matching sweaters, perfect little kids like Ember running around playing lacrosse."

"Please," Nicole snorts, "One, our kids would never play lacrosse. Two, Matt and I don't plan on retiring fully in 20 years. We'll still be in Chicago for years."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Shay, Gabby and Nicole sit on the couches, "Ember said her first word. She said momma."

"No way!" Gabby smiles, "How did Casey react to it not being dadda?"

"He was way to happy that Em spoke at all. I'm sure he's at the firehouse with her right now, trying to get her to say it."