Darden Boys

♣️Season 2, Episode 2♣️

Nicole scrambles eggs and cooks up some bacon as the Darden boys pack up their backpacks and Matt tries to get an update, "Boys, what do you want for lunch for school?"

"Is breakfast almost ready?" Ben asks.

"Yes, Matt, can you plate this up for them as I make lunch?" Nicole asks her fiancee as he enters the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure," He does that as the boys sit at the table, Griffin asking, "When's my mom coming back from her trip?"

Matt sets their food in front of them, "Soon, very soon."

Nicole packs up lunches, "Eat up, then you need to get dressed or you're gonna be late."

Griffin picks at his food, "Well, when you talk to mom, tell her we're ready to go home, okay?"

"What? You don't like hanging out with me, Grif?" Nicole asks, kissing the top of the boys head, "You'll be home soon. For now, eat your breakfast. Evie's gonna pick you up from school today because I have some meetings with Boden at the firehouse and Matt's on shift."

"I'm done," Ben says, handing his plate to Nicole.

"Thanks, sweetie. Go get dressed so we can leave. Grif, you almost done?"

He nods, handing the half eaten plate to Nicole before moving upstairs, she sighs and looks to Matt, "Get anything from the attorney?"

"Nothing."

"Well, according to Gabby who talked to Antonio, Heather has a good chance of getting out on probation soon. First offense, single mother," Nicole explains before hearing the boys fighting upstairs, "Boys! Don't make me waddle up there!"

They quiet down as Matt sighs, "I hope he's right."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Sitting in the common room at 51, Nicole watches everyone get their breakfast as she looks online for last minute needs for baby girl, "51 has the best food in town. Where'd you learn how to cook?"

Mills serves Spellman, answering is question, "Family owns a restaurants. Been behind the grill since I was a kid."

Kelly and Shay join everyone, the older Severide asking Matt, "Any word on Heather's friend, Jen?"

"Still in critical condition."

Shay asks, "How are the boys?"

Matt sighs, grabbing some food, "As far as they know, mom's on a trip. Hopefully they'll be home soon. If it wasn't for Nicole, they'd be late to school wearing pajama's."

Nicole chuckles from her spot on the couch, "You'd be just fine with them. You were meant to be a dad."

He smiles at her, leaning down and kissing her lips right as the alarm sounds, "Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambulance 61, multiple vehicle accident."

As soon as the alarm sounds, Pouch jumps onto the couch and takes up a guarding position over Nicole like she does now whenever a call comes in and everyone goes.

"Keep an eye on her, Pouch," Kelly tells the dog.

"We'll be fine, go save lives and don't do anything stupid!" Nicole yells after all of them.

Nicole starts petting Pouch and running a hand over her 8 month belly, "Only a few more weeks, Pouch, then there will be a little baby here. I can't believe it."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

When everybody gets back from the call, Kelly sits next to Nicole, patting her belly, "How's my niece?"