Sticked

♣️Season 1, Episode 16♣️

Nicole smiles as she watches Nancy hand Matt a thermos of coffee, "Thanks, mom."

"Matt-"

"We'll see you tomorrow morning. We can talk then," Matt says.

Nancy sees someone pull up over Matt's shoulder, "Oh, oh, oh, she's here."

Matt watches as she tries to hide, "Mom, why are you hiding from your parole officer?"

She sighs, "I went out last night. If she tests me, I won't pass. Just get rid of her."

"I-" Nancy walks away as Matt looks to Nicole in disbelief.

"Your mother, your problem. I'll wait in the truck," Nicole kisses his cheek before heading out, greeting the parole officer as she passes by her.

She watches as her and Matt have a conversation before she heads back to her car. Matt comes out to the truck, "I just lied to my mom's parole officer."

Nicole chuckles slightly, "If it makes you feel any better, I doubt you'll ever have to lie to one for me."

Matt gives her a deadpanned look before starting the truck, "Some how, that doesn't help."

"I tried."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At the house fire, Nicole treats the father as Matt and Mouch go into save Cruz, "Dawson, you treat the daughter. Shay, the mother."

"Got it."

Seeing the three firefighters come down the ladders, Nicole moves forward, "Mouch, you okay?"

He nods, "Yeah, I'm okay."

Cruz comes up behind him, "You sure, man? Let them check you out."

"I'm fine," He calls, walking away.

Shay checks on Cruz while Nicole goes over to Matt, "You okay?"

Matt nods, smiling slightly as he moves out of the way of Nicole's prying eyes, "I'm fine."

"He's got a second degree burn over here," Shay tells Nicole.

"Let's take him to Med to get checked out," Nicole decides, getting a nod of approval from Chief.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole gets back to the firehouse and grabs Pouch immediately, "Well hello, puppers. How are you today? Oh, you are so riled up. Uncle Kelly played tug-a-war with you, didn't he? Yes, he did. Yes, he did."

Pouch licks all over her face as she jumps over her. Matt watches from the doorway, "Is Pouch stealing you away from me?"

"No, but she's trying," Nicole smiles, continuing to pet Pouch.

"What are we gonna do about my mom?" Matt asks, sitting on the ground with Nicole as Pouch runs between them and jumps over them.

"Well, do you want her out of our house?"

Matt sighs, "I don't know. I don't want her getting into trouble but even with us, she manages to barely escape trouble. She made me lie to her parole officer this morning."

Nicole rests a hand on his cheek, "Then, I think you should talk to Christie. See if you can work out a plan with her for when we're on shift or talk to your mom. Without her rushing off somewhere or dodging her parole officer. Just sit down and talk to her."

He groans, "I was hoping you would be the mean fiancée that would just say to kick her out and be the bad guy so I didn't have to."

"If we're still having problems with your mom after that, I'd be happy to be the bad guy," Nicole smiles, kissing Matt.