Kelly

♣️Season 1, Episode 12♣️ 

Nicole stumbles into the kitchen where Matt is cooking breakfast, "Hey, morning."

Matt looks back from the stove, quickly turning off the burner to help her into a chair, "Why didn't you wait for me? I would have helped you to the table."

"Because I'm going back to work today, meaning that I can get from our bed to the table with no problems," She pulls him down for a kiss, "You can relax a little, babe. If this is how your acting at home, you will be a mess on calls and that isn't good for anybody."

"You're right, you're right. I'll dial it back a little. I just worry about you," Matt tells her, going back to cook.

"Shay's back today, too. Meaning that the ambo will be back to full capacity. How'd Mills do while we were gone?"

"He did good. Him and Dawson seem to be close," Matt shrugs, not thinking much about it.

Nicole gets a smirk on her face, "Oh, really? Good to hear."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Matt goes to work before Nicole does, as she drove by the hospital for a final check-up and her note for Boden saying she was cleared for duty. 

She sees Shay standing in front of everyone wearing a football helmet, talking with them, "Thanks, Chief. Thanks, guys. But where's Nicole? She said she'd be back today."

"Right here, bitch," Nicole calls out, holding her arms open for a hug from Shay while everyone cheers to her being back.

Shay hugs her, Gabby soon joining in as the paramedic trio is reunited again, "I see you got a present from the boys."

"Yes, she did," Otis says, carrying another box, "and we got you one too."

Nicole smiles at him before opening the box to lift out a matching helmet to Shay's, "Twins!"

Boden says to her, "Welcome back."

"Thanks, Chief. Don't worry, I am 100% ready to be back," Nicole assures the man.

"Yeah, you think Casey would've let her out of the house any other way," Mouch jokes.

"It's true," Matt shrugs.

As Chief leaves the room, Kelly walks up to Nicole and hugs her, "I'm getting clean and I'm meeting with a surgeon about my arm in a couple days. I've quit cold turkey and I have your back always."

Nicole pulls back to look at his eyes, she sees they are normal, "Okay. Shay told me she moved back in. Just do what's right. Kelly, I know you and what scared me was that you weren't you."

"I hear you," He tells her, kissing the top of her helmet where her forehead should be.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61..."

"First call back with the full ambo team!" Otis yells.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

They are greeted by a police officer waiting for them outside an abandoned truck, "Abandoned truck. And there's something funky inside. It's padlocked shut."

Kelly calls out, "Capp, grab the K12."

"Got it!"

"Texas?" Matt reads the plates.

"Yeah, it came back stolen in San Angelo. Where ever the heck that is," The officer explains.

Matt hears something, "Everyone quiet!" He moves to the side of the truck and knocks, "Someone in there? Call out."