Shooting

♣️Season 1, Episode 19♣️

Nicole sighs, shutting her car door after coming home from the bakery with muffins for her and Matt. She looks down at her purse, putting her keys away when she feels her arm getting yanked by Kelly, "You are coming with me."

"What-Kelly-why?" She looks at the doorway to see Matt and Heather standing there, Heather right behind Matt, "What is happening?"

"Nicole! Wait!" Matt calls after her while Kelly pushes her into the car.

"I'll kill him for you," Kelly offers.

She shakes her head, leg bouncing rapidly, "Not now, Kelly."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole parks the rig next to 81 as Chief pulls up behind them. They got a call less than a block away from the firehouse, "61, we need you on the second floor," Matt's voice comes over her radio, "It's a child."

The three paramedics race up the stairs, Otis meeting them, "What's going on?"

"Kid hid in the laundry shoot."

They stand to the side as Truck pulls the metal shoot away and back out the victim, "He's conscious but barely."

"Board him. Quickly," Shay directs.

They quickly get him on oxygen and start to descend the stairs when Nicole sees Boden comforting a woman, "Are you the mother?"

She nods, "Yes."

"You can ride in the back with me. Let's go."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At the hospital, the three work on paperwork when Nicole spots the mother pacing, "I'll be right back."

Making her way over, Nicole asks, "What have you heard?"

"Um," The mother wipes her tears with her son's shirt, "The doctors said it looks bad. Damage to his windpipe, so his brain was without oxygen."

Nicole nods, setting a comforting hand on her shoulder, "They've got great surgeons here. They are gonna do everything they can."

"You know, Tay has been to your firehouse," She tells Nicole.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah. His whole class went on a field trip, last fall when the school year started. It was all he could talk about for days. He said he wants to be a fireman. Help people," She shares.

Nicole smiles, "That's sweet."

The mother sniffs, looking down, "Gangs are always calling, but he won't bite. He's gonna be straight and narrow and I believe that."

She nods, giving the mother a hug, "Keep on loving him the way you do and he will."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

The three girls sit out on the apparatus floor as Kelly cleans a saw at the Squad table. Matt walks up to him, "Heather Darden and me. We're just friends. She barged into my house this morning and I was just getting her to leave when you came over and dragged my fiancee away."

"Right. Got it," Kelly says, walking away.

Gabby and Shay turn to look at Nicole who steadily ignores them by looking at the paperwork in front of her. The duo share a look before staring at Nicole when Kelly's voice is heard. "I can imagine a lot of things. Just not the idea of you rolling around with Andy's widow and screwing around on my sister."