Explosion

♣️Season 2, Episode 20♣️

Nicole sets a box of t-shirts on the table as Matt bounces Ember in his arms, "Really? Goat shirts?"

"Those are collectors items," He reminds her, putting Ember's hat back on her after she tosses it on the ground, "Come on, Em, work with daddy."

"Daddy!" She shouts.

One of the guys in charge comes up to the booth, "You guys gonna run the 10K?"

Smirking at her husband, Nicole nods, "I am. Lieutenant Casey over there, chickened out."

Matt glares playfully at her, "I'm more of a sprinter. Plus, I've got this cutie to watch," He tickles his daughter, smiling when she giggles and snuggles closer to her dad.

"Heard you're gonna introduce the Commissioner later," Another guy bounces to stay warm. 

"Yeah, not sure how that fell on me."

"Well, a ceiling fell on you while you were saving a baby, babe," Nicole reminds him, folding the shirts as she sets them out.

Looking over, Nicole sees Kim Burgess and a little girl setting something up as the girl tells Kim, "I got it."

"Hey, Kim. You need some help?" Nicole offers.

Kim pauses, "I-I kind of have no idea what I'm doing."

Nicole laughs before looking over to Matt, "She was part of the team that got Diego back."

Matt hands Ember over to Nicole, "Got it," Before making his way over to help Kim, "Firefighters bailing out cops is a long tradition."

"Oh, okay. Well, when you need a police officer to..." Kim thinks, "I've got nothing."

"Who's this?" Matt looks at the little girl as Nicole moves to stand with them.

"Oh, this is my niece Zoe."

Nicole smiles at her, "How old are you, Zoe?"

Zoe tells them, "I'm nine."

Matt jokes with her, "Really? Let me see your driver's license."

Another girl joins them, "I'm nine too."

"Wow. Well, uh, you're the designated driver because she doesn't have her license," Matt continues the joke, causing the girls to giggle.

A woman walks over to the girl, "Imogene, don't bother them. They're setting up."

"Oh, no. It's totally fine," Kim waves away her worries.

"Do you want to go see them unload the animals for the petting zoo?" Imogene asks Zoe.

Zoe turns to her aunt, who nods, "Go ahead. Stay where I can see you."

"Hey, you're the new pediatrician, right?"

"Yeah, Holly Thelan," Holly shakes Nicole's hand, "I just moved here from New York."

Nicole nods, "Nicole Casey. I'm the PIC on Ambulance 61 over at Firehouse 51. This is my husband, Matt. He's a Lieutenant at the same firehouse. And this is our daughter, Ember. Welcome to Chicago, and thank you for volunteering on your day off."

Holly smiles, "Yeah, my pleasure. I'll see you guys."

Looking at her watch, Nicole sets Ember in her stroller and rolls her over to Matt, "Hey, I have to go get started on my registration. You got Em?"

"Yeah, I got her. Have a good race, we'll be rooting for you," Matt gives her a kiss.

Nicole makes her way into the hospital, looking around for the registration table before seeing a familiar face, "Oh, hey! Dr. Arata. Nicole Severide."