It's Over

♣️Season 1, Episode 6♣️ 

Nicole meets Gabby for coffee, "Hey, hope I'm not interrupting one of your few days away from me."

"No, not at all. You know I love spending time with you. What's up? Your texted sounded...tired."

"Matt and this Voight thing. I know Antonio is doing everything he can for us but I've never seen Matt like this. Boden caught him waiting for Voight with a halligan. Matt's not violent, you know this," Nicole tells her, sipping her tea.

"I know, but when it comes to you, there's nothing Matt won't do to protect you. It's sweet," Gabby reminds her.

Smiling, Nicole nods, "Yes, but in this case also really stupid. After shift tomorrow, he testifies and then it's not worth keeping this all going to prove a point and you know that's what Matt will do. I back him 100% with whatever he wants to do, I'm just worried about how this will end for him."

Gabby holds Nicole's free hand, "Do you think he shouldn't go through with it?"

"No, I think he should. I just think it should end there. I don't think he needs to keep this game up with Voight after. It's not good for him or us or anyone else."

"You know, the way you support your man is incredible, however I think you should tell him your worries," Gabby advises, "It's not good to keep that from him."

"I have. I did, last night. But you know Matt, when he gets an idea in his head, he's sticking with it," Nicole shakes her head, chuckling.

Gabby shrugs, "Well, everything will work out in the end, just trust the process."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Nicole stands next to Matt, who's twirling a halligan, as they watch Kelly go up to save a graffiti artist who got stuck on a ladder. 

Looking back to her paramedics, she calls out once the artist is safely in the basket with Kelly, "He won't need anything, put the stretcher away."

Once everything's put away, their attention gets pulled by an undercover car pulling up to the site. Voight gets out of the car, causing Gabby and Shay to put a hand on each of her arms while Matt starts walking forward with his halligan.

"Kelly," Boden calls, nodding to the Truck Lieutenant.

Otis, Herrmann and Kelly move to stand on each side of Matt and block him from moving forward while Boden faces Voight, "You have no reason to be here."

"I'm collecting gang intel, Chief. Big tag like that, gotta make sure it doesn't start a turf war."

Boden points up to the tag, "Seen it. Now leave."

"You might want to take a step back. I don't want to charge you or one of your men for interfering in a police investigation," Voight has a stupid smirk on his face.

Nicole looks at Matt, hoping he stays put when Boden turns to his firefighters, "Pack it up! We're out of here."

Voight decides to antagonize Matt, "Hey, Casey. You've got your deposition tomorrow."

Kelly keeps Matt walking, "C'mon, let's go."

So Voight brings up Nicole, "Tell me, is your cute little girlfriend gonna be there to? Cause I gotta tell you, the other night when we were talking, she seemed kind of, shut down, but by the end, she really started to open up."

Matt and Kelly both rush towards Voight, his partner reaching for his gun, as Truck grab the two Lieutenants. Shay and Gabby keep Nicole from running up and hitting Voight.