Stalker

♣️Season 2, Episode 17♣️

Nicole carries Ember into 51, gaining a weird look from her brother, "Don't worry, she's not staying the entire shift. Christie just has a couple meetings so Ember will be with us for a few hours."

Kelly shakes his head, smiling as he and Ember reach for each other, "I'm not complaining. This cutie and I do not get to spend nearly enough time together. Wanna take a look at the rig? Yeah, of course you do," Kelly walks away with Ember opening and closing her hand in a wave at her mom.

"Bye then. Don't let her get hurt, Kelly!" Nicole yells after him.

"I won't! Bye!"

Shaking her head, Nicole enters the firehouse and heads to Matt's office, "So, Ember will keep Kelly entertained for the next hour or so."

"Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?" Matt asks, wrapping his arms around her waist as she sits on his lap.

She shrugs, "I don't care as long as Ember stays safe. Have you decided what you're gonna do about Jones and her overbearing father?"

He sighs, "I told you, he's too far up the food chain for me to do anything other than what he says."

Nicole kisses him, deeply, before pulling away, "You have faced much tougher obstacles than this before. I love you and I know that you will make the right decision."

"Hababababab," Ember babbles as Kelly carries her past her dad's office and towards his.

Matt smiles, waving at his daughter who gives the same open and close hand wave to him that she gave Nicole earlier, "Her little wave is adorable."

"I know. Pretty soon all we'll get when she walks by us is a slamming door," Nicole pouts.

"Well, by that time, we'll have another couple babies that will still love us. And we'll still love her."

"Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, house fire at 6200 47th Street," The alarm sounds.

Kelly comes out, carrying Ember who is clapping at the alarm sound instead of crying, "Who's taking Em while we're out?"

"Connie agreed to watch her until whoever comes back first," Nicole says, smiling at the woman as she comes out to grab Ember.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

On the drive to the call, Gabby asks Nicole, "Has Casey said what he's gonna do about Jones' dad wanting her booted out?"

"No and remember, I told you two that in the stricktest of confidence. If it gets out, it's not just Matt and Boden's jobs that could be hurt," Nicole warns them.

"Main to 61," Ramsey's voice comes on.

"Victor Ramsey on dispatch," Shay comments, "Again."

"Go ahead Main," Nicole sighs.

"State's backed up this morning. I'd take Racine down to 74th."

Nicole nods, "Thanks, Ramsey. You've been working the same shifts we have lately, huh?"

"Yep. Great to see you at Molly's the other night. I know you can't get out as much anymore due to Ember. How is the little cutie anyways?"

She shares a creeped out look with her best friends, "Let's keep it professional and focused, okay, Ramsey?"

"Just making sure the smallest member of 51 was doing okay, Severide."

Gabby shakes her head, "Something is not right with that guy."