Baby Girl Casey

As Connie drives, Nicole grips the side of the door. Connie's phone connects to her car as she calls Boden, "Boden."

"It's Connie, I'm driving PIC Severide to the hospital."

"Why?"

"Fun girl's trip. What do you think?!" Nicole yells.

Connie pats her knee, smiling gently, "She's in labor. I would suggest at least getting Lieutenant Casey over to Lakeshore in the next 30 minutes. The rest of you can join us when everything is done over at the call."

"Casey!" Is all that's heard before Boden hangs up.

"What do you think are the chances of Matt making it in time?" Nicole asks Connie through clenches teeth.

"If he catches a ride with 61, good. If he take Boden's car, eh."

Nicole nods, squeezing her eyes shut at another contraction, "Someone is gonna have to pick up Ben and Griffin from the babysitter and check their homework. Griffin's been struggling in math and-"

Connie pulls into the parking lot of Lakeshore, managing to find a close parking spot, "Nicole, you need to focus on giving birth. I'm sure the guys can handle taking care of Ben and Griffin," Nicole shoots her a 'be real' look, "Shay and Dawson can handle Ben and Griffin."

"Fine. Let's get inside and have a baby."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole managed to get settled into a room before Matt makes it to the hospital, all sweaty and dirty from the fire, he throws her turnout coat on the chair before kissing her forehead "Hey, you okay? Why didn't you tell me you were having contractions?"

"Did you send someone to get Ben and Griffin?" Nicole ignores him, adjusting herself on the bed and gripping his hand,  "They should be here."

"Yeah, Dawson and Shay are grabbing them. Again, why didn't you tell me you were having contractions?" 

"Is everyone else here? They should go back and change. I don't want them waiting around in their gear," Nicole tells him, breathing roughly as another contraction hits.

Matt grimaces as Nicole squeezes his hand tightly, but kisses her temple, "Remember. Breathe."

He mimics the breathing that they were taught in birthing classes as the contraction happens. Their doctor, Dr. Greyson, knocks on the door, "Glad to see Matt made. Let's see how dilated you are."

Snapping on gloves, Dr. Greyson takes a quick look under Nicole's sheet, "Well, looks like you got here right on time, Matt. It's time for Nicole to push."

Everything moves quickly as a team of nurses bring in a bunch of trays and start gowning Dr. Greyson. Nicole is placed in a better position for birth before Matt grabs her hand again and is instructed by one of the nurses to grab one of Nicole's legs and hold it with a nurse holding the other. 

"Okay, Miss. Severide, I'm gonna count down from five, when I get to one, I want you to push. Ready?" Nicole nods, "Five, four, three, two, one. Push!"

♣️♣️♣️♣️

After a little under an hour of pushing and getting cleaned up, Nicole and Matt smile at the little girl in Nicole's arms.

"She's beautiful," Matt says, smiling at the grip his daughter has on his finger, "I love you," He kisses Nicole's head, "Thank you for her."

"I love you too," Nicole looks up at him before puckering for a kiss.

Their kiss is interrupted by a knock at the door, "She was just born, might wanna wait a little bit before trying for baby number two," Kelly's voice is heard as 51 starts to gather in the room.