Jones

♣️Season 2, Episode 15♣️

Nicole shakes her head, entertaining Ember as the baby refuses to eat her breakfast, "You are being picky this morning, aren't you, baby girl? Maybe daddy can get you to eat. Matt!"

Matt pokes his head into the kitchen, setting his work bag on the table next to Nicoles before looking to his wife and daughter, "What's the problem this morning?"

"Ember isn't eating. Maybe her favorite parent can change her mind," Nicole gets up from the chair, letting Matt sit down and pick up the spoon.

"I am not her favorite parent. That's 100% you. You gave her life and-"

"Matt, she's eating," Nicole points to where their daughter is now happily eating from the spoon Matt's holding, "You were saying."

Matt sighs, "You're gonna get me in trouble, Em."

Ember smiles, yogurt all over her face as she giggles.

"Did you hear about Boden and Donna?" Matt asks, hoping to distract Nicole.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole walks out to the garage along with Shay to join Gabby talking with the Truck members, "Yeah, I'm sure that this chick is awesome and all, but having a woman around is really gonna change things," Cruz says.

"What's more woman than giving birth?" Nicole asks as Gabby rests her head on Shay's shoulder.

"You know what I mean. Having a woman in the Truck? You don't know what goes on in there," Cruz points, "The jokes we crack..."

"The smells we produce," Otis adds.

"I may not know what happens on calls, but in between and after shift..." The Paramedic Trio laugh as they've heard Nicole's stories about her and Matt. 

As Shay and Nicole see Jones arrive, carrying a box, they share a look before grabbing Gabby's attention, "Let's go do inventory. I bet it's the thing you've missed the most."

Gabby snorts, "So much."

They watch Rebecca introduce herself to the Truck, including a prank with an empty donut box before Nicole gets Gabby's attention, "Let's go fill the tank before a call comes in."

Matt runs up to them quickly, kissing Nicole, "Be safe. Ember will want her favorite parent home safe."

"Take your own advice, then, Matthew. Ember is a daddy's girl through and through," Nicole reminds him, jumping into the driver's seat.

"Doesn't mean I'm the favorite."

Nicole rolls her eyes, starting the rig, "What was that about?" Shay asks.

"Ember refuses to eat for anyone except for Matt. He still thinks that he isn't the favorite."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Ambulance 61 beats the others to the scene, Nicole seeing a woman getting out her car, "Did you call an ambulance?"

"Yeah. There's someone stuck in the clothing drop. I heard 'em calling for help. I think it's a kid."

The three take turns calling out and banging on the side, "Hello? Fire Department! You okay in there?"

The woman tells them, "They were in there a few minutes ago."

Gabby suggests, "Maybe they climbed out when you weren't looking."

"I don't know."

Nicole knocks one more time, "Anybody home?" Receiving no response, she looks to Shay, "Get your skinny ass up there."