Ruined

♣️Season 1, Episode 18♣️

Nicole holds her hand up for Matt to stop as he stands up to explain, "She kissed you?! What did you do? Did you kiss her back?"

Matt immediately shakes his head, "No way. I pushed her off of me as soon as she kissed me."

"So let me get this right," Nicole sets her purse on the kitchen table, putting her hands together in a prayer position, "Andy Darden, one of our best friends, one of my best friend's from childhood, his widow kissed you. My fiancee."

"Yes, but I pushed her away. Right away. Because I love you and only you," Matt assures her, moving forward slowly as to not make her mad. 

"That bitch!" Nicole yells, turning back towards the door.

Matt grabs her before she can leave, "Yeah, I just got my mother out of prison, don't want to have to bail you out."

She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Just...ugh!"

He nods, "I love you."

"I love you too."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

At a restaurant fire, Matt ends up catching on fire where Cruz and Mills put him out before Nicole escorts him to the rig to check him out. 

She makes him take off his shirt so she can look at his back as he tells her, "Seriously, it's fine. It didn't burn through my gear."

"Oh, yeah. Then what's this?" Shay asks, sticking her finger through a hole in his coat.

"Ow," Matt says as Nicole pokes a burn.

"Sit still. It's just a first degree burn. Give me that bandage," He leans over and grabs one for her.

Gabby takes the gear from Shay, "Couple more seconds and whatever dropped down on you wouldn't have stopped at your gear."

Nicole glares at her friend, "Thanks, Dawson. Just for that, you get to ride in the back on the way back."

"Yippee."

Shay groans, "It smells like fuel."

Otis, who was walking by, says, "That's because it was. Homemade gasoline fire bombs in the ceiling."

Nicole puts a bandage on Matt's burn, causing him to wince again, "Is this my punishment for last night?"

"What did he do last night?" Shay asks.

"I'll tell you on the way back. We'll have to stop for coffee."

"Oh, it's one of those stories," Gabby's interest is peaked, "Sorry if we give you the cold-shoulder when we get back, Casey. But, we've got to have our girls back."

Nicole chuckles, "Don't worry, he's not the one we're gonna wanna kill."

Shay smiles, "Ooh, someone messed up bad."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Gabby shakes her head, huffing, "I can't believe Heather did that."

"I know. I knew she hated me, but not enough to make a move on my fiancee," Nicole groans, sipping her coffee as Shay drives the rig back to the firehouse.

"Are you gonna confront her about it? Do you need backup?" Shay asks.

"Will you need an alibi? Cause I can get Antonio to back you up, no problem," Gabby adds.

Nicole smiles, looking at her best friends, "No, if she comes to the firehouse, I'm gonna be pleasant because Ben is my godson and I still want to be apart of his life and Griffin's but I refuse to waste anymore of my breath on that she-devil."