Vasectomy

♣️Season 2, Episode 16♣️

Herrmann calls out to the common room, "Okay, the suggestion box on what I should get Cindy for our 20th Anniversary is now closed, cause I figured out the perfect gift all on my own," He pauses for dramatic affect, "A vasectomy."

There's some laughter before Clarke asks, "Has she been after you to get one?"

"Nah, it never came up. It's gonna be a surprise."

Boden claps him on the shoulder before walking away, "Mazel tov/"

"Thanks, Chief."

"You're seriously going to surprise her with the fact that you got snipped without her knowing about it first?" Mouch questions.

"Yeah, cause we're soulmates, jackass," Herrmann sasses.

"I for one think it is your best idea ever, Herrmann," Nicole smiles at the older man.

Herrmann returns her smile, "This...this is why you're my favorite."

Nicole does a little dance as Cruz continues to question, "Have you met your wife? She's that very Catholic lady that sleeps next to you."

"She was in labor for 18 hours with kid number five," Nicole reminds him, "Speaking as the only person in this room who's ever gone through labor, it sucks. He came up with a brilliant idea that I am in full support of."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Knocking on Matt's door, Nicole sticks her head in, "How many kids do you want?"

Matt sets the papers down, spinning his chair to her, "Uh, I don't know. Three, maybe four. What about you?"

"Two or three. About two or so years apart cause being four years younger than Kelly sucked but I don't want them too close together."

"So you want to start trying for baby number two in the next year or so, is that what I'm hearing?" Matt asks, hands on Nicole's waist as he pulls her to stand between his legs.

She shrugs, "Maybe. Maybe not. I was just thinking."

He goes to question her more but is cut off by the alarm, "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, Car accident, 19th and Ashland Avenue."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Arriving on scene, the company sees a car on fire with another one in a building.

"Any sign of the driver? Either of them?" Nicole asks Boden.

"Not yet."

"Severide, there's a female victim and a baby in the basement. I hear a man but I don't see anyone else," They hear Matt radio to Kelly.

Mills soon brings the baby out, Nicole quickly taking him and moving to the ambo, "Dawson, Shay, be ready for the mother. I've got the baby."

Nicole sits in the ambo, setting the baby on the seat next to her and listening to his heart rate, "Hi, I know, it's cold out. I'm sorry. I just need to check you over before I wrap you back up."

A man comes out of the house, quickly being checked over by Gabby before he sits on the edge of the rig. Kelly comes out after that, laying the mother on the gurney.

"She's gonna make it."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole takes a seat on Matt's lap as she eats some oatmeal, "Nic, are you really supporting Herrmann in this crazy idea to get a vasectomy? What if it was Matt who was planning on doing that?"