Vargas

♣️Season 1, Episode 9♣️ 

Nicole giggles as Matt kisses up and down her neck, "Matt, we have wo-oh-work."

"Would you like me to stop?" He smirks up at her, "Cause I can."

"Shut up and finish what you started, Matthew."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

At the scene, Gabby, Shay and Nicole treat Vargas, "Vargas, you hear me?"

Shay cuts off his shirt as Gabby and Nicole hold him still, "Take nice and slow breaths for us, Vargas," Nicole puts an oxygen mask on him, "We're gonna get you to the hospital in no time. Just take some deep breaths for us. You guys ready? We need a hand."

Truck helps them load Vargas into the rig before Nicole climbs in the back. Shay and Gabby jump into the front and drive off.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

"Morning," Boden greets at the next shift.

"Morning."

"I know you're all concerned about what happened to Vargas last shift, hospital has treated him and released him. He's resting up. But he is not out of the woods. Hazmat has confirmed that Magnesium shavings were in the bin at the machine shop and as you all know, reacted with water," Boden tells them.

Herrmann guesses, "Magnesium inhalation."

Boden nods, "He's got burns on his lungs and an upper respiratory tract infection."

"So when are we gonna see him again?" Herrmann asks.

"We won't know until we get the tests results. But look, he's gonna be fine no matter what happens. Okay?" Boden says before walking past Kelly, "Um, my office, now."

Nicole stands and moves to Matt, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his chest while he wraps his arms around her back, "He'll be okay."

She nods, "Yeah, but with those injuries, I don't know if he'll ever fight fires again. You gonna try and call him?"

Matt sighs, nodding, "Yeah."

"Let me know if you guys plan on doing something or going over because the girls and I want in. Oh, and before I forget, Gabby's landlord is being an ass and not fixing a leaky window. She tried to fix it herself but made it worse. Do me a favor and take a quick look at it?"

"Of course. Talk to you in a little bit," Matt says, giving her a quick kiss.

Nicole pulls him back for another kiss, "I felt like another one."

He smiles at her, "Greedy."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

At the next scene, Truck and Ambo quickly run up to the 10th floor. 

Matt points at one of the elevators, "This one."

Otis and Cruz work on opening it up before Matt sticks his head in and looks down, "This is the Fire Department, can anyone hear me?"

When he doesn't get a response, he looks back, "Okay, Mills, Cruz, Herrmann, throw a rope. I'll get in the hoist way. Otis, get up to the motor room and take over the power," Mouch joins them then, "Oh, Mouch, you stay right here and take command of the floor."

They watch as Cruz and Peter hook Matt up to a rope before he goes down the elevator shaft, "He and Kelly wonder why I worry on calls," Nicole comments to Shay and Gabby.