Bond

tie
tī/
verb
3rd person present: ties
1.
attach or fasten (someone or something) with string or similar cord.
2.
connect; link.
noun
plural noun: ties
1.
a piece of string, cord, or the like used for fastening or tying something.
2.
a rod or beam holding parts of a structure together.

Waking back to the room was easier than it was to walk away from it to the office. I can't believe my nerves were on such a rampage. I feel so stupid for being so nervous. I just wanted to lay down and relax from all the unnecessary stress build up.
There was a tension in the room once we entered. I felt so awkward when he stepped to the side and started going through his mail buildup. There was an uneasy silence that settled with shuffling papers being the only noise.
I was going to lay on the bed when Damien told me we had some work to do. I raised a brow wondering what could be so important that he couldn't just let me rest. Maybe it didn't go down so good and he's withholding information. I wasn't actually there for the conversation. He bit the side of his lip before pulling me down the hallway to what I assumed to be the library. Books were towered every where; I wish I knew this room existed earlier. My stay would've been way more comfortable.
I looked around in awe at all of the stories I'd soon be able to read. This is magnificent, I will no longer be bored in this household. I wanted to take them all back to the room with me, but I knew that was just superfluous.
"May I ask why I'm here?"
"We need to continue our bond practice".
"Is it that important right now? Can't we st-"
"Yes it's that important! I need to have connection with you at all times". I bowed my head in discomfort. Honestly it's scary to think that he'd be able to communicate to me through a form of strong empathy. Werewolves may not be able to communicate through telepathy, but wolves naturally have a strong sense of empathy, so it's just heightened for werewolves. Especially through family and mate bonds.
What if I can't turn it off and he's just open to my emotions? I want to be safe and able to have his help at all times, yes, but I also need privacy. Also what if opening empathy opens up the mate pull? I'm really not ready for that, and we have a deal.
"Okay, okay", I said raising my hands in surrender. "We'll do this, but why in here?"
He paused looking around a look of reminiscing in his eyes. He touched the dusty book smiling a bit. He looked so vulnerable, yet closed off at the same time. I wanted to go up and find a way to bring his attention back to me, but this is his moment. Something happened in here, and in guessing it wasn't good since no one visits here.
He broke the silence surprising me; I can't believe he's actually going to answer. "You know my mother loved to read. She enjoyed loosing herself in a story. I've never actually understood".
I loved hearing about his mother. I sometimes forget he actually had to come from someone with how independent he is. "You're able to leave your problems, and delve into someone else's. You don't feel so alone, or you at least forget you're alone".
I hadn't even noticed that I had spoken until Damien's eyes focused on me with surprise sparkling in his eyes. I smiled awkwardly not knowing why he was staring at me like that. "Uhm is there something wrong?", I nervously laughed out.
"My mother used to tell me something very similar to that". I looked down at my shoes feeling odd. His mother and I were alike, I wish I could've met her.
"I'm sure she was a wonderful woman".
He whispered, "She was".
I let myself be pulled to an old chair that cranked when I sat down. My fingers overlapped themselves as I waited for instructions.
"There will be a lot of ... Physical actions during this. Will you be okay with that?"
I felt my cheeks tingle causing me to look away in embarrassment. I know I should be okay with this since we went through heat together, but it's just so weird without something pushing me and influencing my thoughts to be okay with being intimate.
"I'm okay as long as this won't open up the mate pull".
"I'm not-" Out of no-where the door burst open, welcoming a tall woman with dark brown hair. She's gorgeous.
"Sister!"