First impressions (non-edited)

rem·i·nis·cence
ˌreməˈnisəns/
noun
a story told about a past event remembered by the narrator.
•the enjoyable recollection of past events.
•a collection in literary form of incidents and experiences that someone remembers.

Sister! His sister is here! I thought I'd never meet her. Unconsciously I straightened my posture and tried to look more presentable. I don't want her to think I'm a slob.
Her gaze landed on me and she squinted he eyes before smiling boldly. I couldn't help but smile back, something about her makes me feel comfortable. She started to walk closer, inspecting me all the while, but Damien blocked her path.
"Janelle, what are you doing here?"
"What am I doing here, how dare you even ask that. I'm here because I heard through the o'l mighty grape vine that my brother has a mate. A male at that!" I felt nervous when she mentioned my gender. I know there's still some people that find same sex mates to be terrible, especially for the alpha since no heir can be produced. I hope she's accepting.
She pushed her brother out of the way and came charging at me. Oh goodness gracious, she's strong. I hope she doesn't hurt me. When I felt her hands wrap around me I whimpered in fear, but she only embraced me in a warm hug that made me melt. She smelt nice, she smelt familiar. Peppermint and cinnamon? Who smells like that?
I tried hard to remember, I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice her talking to me. Damien had to come over and snap me out of it. "Are you alright", he asked sweetly.
I looked to his sister in confusion. "I mean no disrespect, but you smell very similar. You smell of peppermint and cinnamon". She chuckled and flicked her wrist out indicating that my statement wasn't odd to her at all.
"The lady that I'm staying with always has soft peppermints, and she makes amazing cinnamon brownies". Cinnamon brownies, I've never heard of that before, but I feel like I should know what they are. I nodded my head slowly while still trying to figure this out.
I don't want her to think I was ignoring her, so I found a response. "That sounds delicious". She smiled and looked towards her brother. She came near him and slung one arm around his shoulder.
"Miss. Mayley misses you, she even goes by Brenda now". Brenda Mayley, Brenda Mayley, Brenda Mayley. Brenda Mayley! They must have noticed my recognition since his sister asked me what was wrong.
"I don't know how, but I know her. Her name is familiar and - " I dropped to my knees clutching my head. What is wrong with me. I started breathing hard trying to calm myself. I don't want to shift right now. Damien dropped down and I could see him mouthing something, but I couldn't hear it. I can't hear him! I started crying wondering what this un-fathomable pain in my head is.
"Little poc poc, come'er". A thick, wide hipped lady with dark red hair called me to the kitchen. She had a bright white smile, and dark tan skin, she's very pretty. My toddler self ran to the kitchen and climbed on top of the counter. I giggled when she snuggled me into her arms, I looked to happy. "Auntie put me down", I said whilst giggling. She's my aunt? We look nothing alike, we're not even the same race. Her silky bouncy curls bounced back when I grabbed one with my chubby finger. She flicked me forehead calling me a bad boy; I pouted for about two seconds before I was back to messing with her.
Once my flashback was over I looked into Damien's scared eyes. "That woman, is my Aunt". Those were my last words before I passed out.