Yes

cer·e·mo·ny
ˈserəˌmōnē/
noun
1.
a formal religious or public occasion, typically one celebrating a particular event or anniversary.
2.
the ritual observances and procedures performed at grand and formal occasions.

I looked at him in confusion, searching his face for any types of deception. I expected to see a hint of something terrible behind those pretty grey-blue eyes, but all I saw was true admiration. I couldn't help but return the warm, small, heart melting smile, when he was looking at me like that; who wouldn't? It feels amazing to have someone I care deeply about look at me as if I'm the most amazing being on this Earth. To have my mate look at me as if there's nothing and no one better. I feel so joyous and bubbly right now.
I expected to feel differently mentally and physically, but I don't. A few things were slightly heightened, like sense of smell and hearing, but it was nothing too major. I know that I have to have some added strength if we've connected, but I don't have the body to use it. Werewolves like to stay in shape, because not only does it look and maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it allows us to use our extra strength to its full capacity. I guess when they say you're connected, you are downright one, so why did I expect to feel different? I rubbed the base of my forehead, I'm just too tired for this.
"I'm seeing my parents Damien". I breathed out in exhaustion waiting for him to respond with an argument. He looked up at me, but not with anger of any sort; he simply smiled. His smile held anxiety and fear behind it, but I knew that he wouldn't stop me. He took my hand clasped in his, and pulled me into him as he kissed my knuckles.
"Thank you", I whispered. I didn't need him to say anything, to know that he respected my decision. He embraced me in his arms, laying gentle kisses stop of my head. In this moment, with him respecting my boundaries and being so sweet I knew it was the perfect time to say it.
"I have to tell you something", I shakily breathed out. I can do this what's the worse that can happen?
"Yes?", he questioned while practically taking all of my air away with his bear crushing hug. He's so clingy right now, I love it, but damn can I breath?
"I-um-I", I choked out. Where'd all my confidence go when I need it? I've made it all the way here to not even be able to explain my true feelings for him.
Just say it, I repeated in my mind, before somehow the words flowed out by themselves. "I love you". I spoke so quietly that I was surprised he heard me.
"I know".
"Excuse me?" I mean, yes I might have shown my love naturally and that's okay. But I expected an, I love you, back. Who just says, I know? He has to know that I'm stressed out right now, and he can't even reciprocate my confession?
"Before you passed out you told me". I did? "Yes you did". Oh, I said that out loud. He chuckled before letting me go. He walked away to the side of the library where there was a chest. His stance suddenly turned stiff, is he okay? I could hear his deep, strained breaths; what's wrong with him? I tried to walk over to him, but he told me to stop. I stood still in my place, but I so badly wanted to go to him.
He cleared his throat before speaking once more. "This is not how I can planned this at all." I expected him to turn and face me, but he kept his back towards me. I blew a breath out in frustration, not understanding what is going on right now.
"I had planned for you wake up by my side -willingly of course - and for me to try and prepare you a nice breakfast. And then after that, we'd go to this wondrous garden, and you'd take photos of everything you wanted to draw". His words were spontaneously being thrown all over the place, I found it endearing. I so badly want to see his face. He's never spoken like this before, and I just want to see the light in his eyes as he speaks of it.
"After that, we would've headed to my office, since it's close to the restaurant I would've taken you to, and we'd get dressed up nice - but I would've let you wear anything you wanted to". He started to stutter over his words, but I didn't care, as long as he's passionate about us together. "We'd go out to an elegant restaurant, only the best for you", his voice is shaking now, he's ... nervous.
I find it lovely that he's getting so worked up over this. I've found out what he's about to do, and I just want him to hurry it along. I don't need a story of what would've happened, I need to have a story to tell of what's going to happen. "Um once we've been seated in a private room filled with white roses, and anything you'd want". He cleared his throat, his panting becoming dangerous now. "We'd eat, and ... and ..."
"And?", I questioned wanting him to ask me already. He turned around in surprise, as if he forgot I was even in the room with him. He took a deep breath and walked towards me, before shakily getting down on one knee. He looked up at me with his eyes watering, he looked completely terrified.
I was so prepared for him to ask, but of course in a time like this we get interrupted. There is a war going on outside after all. "Alpha?", sounded on the other side of the door. Damien growled while clenching his teeth together. Oh I hope he asks before he goes.
"Yes?", he growled out in annoyance.
"The war has paused again, and we need you as soon as possible".  I sighed and slouched my shoulders. I really don't want him to go.
"Okay. Goodbye. Do not bother me again today, do you understand?"
"Yes sir". Damien rolled his eyes before his nerves rushed back at full speed.
He looked at the little black box in his hand while starting his speech. "I-I know I'm not th-the best mate, but I love you-", he looked at me in that moment, pausing, so I can fully take in his words. "So, I'm-", he started adjusting his shirt as if he was too hot and uncomfortable. He cleared his throat, took a long deep breath, and relaxed his shoulders, before speaking to me calmly. He looked up into my eyes as he spoke each word clearly.
"You are my mate, the man I love. And not just because we were blessed to be together, but because I fell in love with a shy man that has grown into someone confident and responsible. I never thought I'd honestly say that I love a man, let alone someone I first thought to be so weak, but you've proved me wrong. And now I want to prove you wrong and show you that I'm not just some beast, I am someone who can be kind and compassionate. I want to show you the child I was before I grew up too fast. That is, if you'll let me. Will you Jasper Roberts, not only take my hand in marriage, but take my hand in a proper mating ceremony?" I wanted to laugh at how constipated he looked. I swear he isn't breathing.
Once I saw his face droop, I realized that I haven't said anything for a full minute. I'm just really taking in this perfect moment. I quickly tried to reassure him by saying yes, but I was too excited so it only came out as my lips mouthing words with a few squeaks. He looked at me in confusion before questioning if it was a yes. I nodded my head frantically, needing him to know how much I wanted him. I'd never seen Damien look so happy and relieved in the entire time that I've known him. He laughed joyously, with tears running down his face, as he picked me up and held me tight to him.
"You, you said yes?", he questioned once more to be sure.
"Yes, I said yes". The kiss he gave me was so deep and passionate, that heat had nothing on the affect he was giving me now.
He placed a thin silver ring on my finger, I stared at its beauty. I'm glad he didn't get me anything too flashy, I still am a man after all, plus simpler things have a hidden beauty to them that only some can see. Damn do I love this man.