Struggle

strug·gle
ˈstrəɡəl/
verb
1.
make forceful or violent efforts to get free of restraint or constriction.
noun
1.
a forceful or violent effort to get free of restraint or resist attack.

Shit. I woke up too late. Even though it wasn't bright outside, I knew well enough to know that this was late for the fall weather. It had to be at least past noon. My muscles were even more sore than yesterday. Every move I made hurt immensely; I quickly went to get some water before stretching and jogging off at a slow pace. I'm afraid to exhaust my body incase I need it later.

I heard footsteps causing me to tense up and search frantically. I saw two teenage boys giggling like crazy. Seriously, who camps out here? They were speaking loudly, pushing, and shoving at each other with their shoulders every now and then. They didn't seem stable, must be high or drunk. Probably both. I went around them not wanting to startle and possibly hurt them. I won't hesitate to kill them if they're a possible threat. I have no time for morals, I'm already behind schedule. I should've been close to New Hampshire by now.

Slowly I walked around the foolish boys keeping my eyes on them at all times until I felt I was at a safe distance. I glanced at them once more before running towards my destination. Everything was clear and more beautiful in my wolf form. I wish I had the time to enjoy it, but I have to keep going. I won't be able to run for long before my body starts to exceed its limits and I have to walk.

Rabbits, deer, and several birds have crossed my path. It was quite interesting how nature worked out. Every time I hear that an animal goes extinct because of humans it scares me. Every animal, dangerous or kind, is here for a reason, and when we change that it can alter our lives. What if an animal had the cure to a disease, but we'd never know because it's too late and we've killed it off. I wish that humans used animals like Native Americans. Cherish the animal and use every piece of it to the full value instead of wasting parts and knowing that, that animal had died only for you to take a simple piece. Humans are so inhumane for how much they want to judge other predators. We kill because we have to do it solely for ourselves, not to make money off of it and waste everything. I was jogging, pushing my body until I saw that it was getting darker outside.

I was so tired, and hungry. I slowed down drastically even though I was behind schedule. I trotted to a large stream slurping up some water. I was so thirsty. I laid down only for a few moments when I realized the forest was eerily quiet; even at night you can hear bugs and the nighttime animals roaming around. Yet there was nothing but the sound of rustling leaves. I hurried and started jogging away. I'm probably just paranoid, yea that has to be it. I just escaped from being captured who wouldn't be a little paranoid?

The sound of a branch snapping alarmed my senses. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. It was probably just a animal, but what animal? My heart was pounding fast and every bad scenario was playing through my head. I turned around to see what predator was chasing me. There was nothing there. I really am paranoid. I stopped, catching my breath and calming my nerves. You're fine nothing is after you, I chanted to myself. Sweat was dripping into my eyes and I found it hard to concentrate.

I started walking again making sure to keep an eye out for a good place to sleep. There was a cave ... Too obvious, yet where was I to sleep? I settled for laying down in-between two thick trees that had so many leaves you couldn't see much light peeking through them.
I thought I was safe for the night, but as soon as I calm down I felt something prick my side. A dart? A dart. I wanted to be nervous, but I felt so dizzy that I couldn't even focus. My eyes felt so droopy. I just want to sleep, and that's exactly what I did. Slept.

I woke up slowly feeling a little light headed. I went to stand up, but I couldn't. What the- oh my gosh. The dart, but who could do that. Where am I, what's going to happen to me, why am I here, how long have I been here, did they find me again? All of these questions I had no answer to. I knew better than to yell, that'll only piss people off. I stayed real quiet sitting on the wet floor shackled to the wall. It smelled terrible down here, and I'm pretty sure that I was sitting in piss.

I couldn't keep track of the time considering I didn't have a watch, but it had to be over 5 hours when some men came down to greet me.

"What is your name boy?", the tallest one with dull brown hair asked me.

I paused before realizing that my name meant nothing to them. "Jasper".

"Well Jasper, in about 2 days time you'll be dead". I didn't expect anything less. If I'm going to be dead anyways might as well try to escape.

I pulled at the shackles grinding my teeth together before stopping to take a deep breath and trying again.

"You're not going to escape", one of the three men stated. I didn't give up though earning laughs from all of the men. Just kill me now.

"Shut-up! All of you". Shit. That was a terrible decision, I should've kept my mouth shut.

"What did you say boy"? I shook my head pressing my lips together. "That's what I thought". He spit on me before walking away with my pride. A vicious heart wrenching scream bursted through my lips as soon as they got far enough away. I can't just stay here, I just can't. A few stray tears fell down my cheeks itching at my dirty skin.

I'm going to die.