Change

try
trī/
verb
1.
make an attempt or effort to do something.
2.
subject (someone) to trial.
noun
1.
an effort to accomplish something; an attempt.

I was surprisingly wide awake this morning. I was writing in my notebook waiting for Damien to come. The boy felt like a clown or a comedian. Most comedians have had a tragic life story and are unloved so they need to have other people's laughter to fuel them, but the young man couldn't quite grasp the concept of how being made fun of and laughed at can bring you joy. He's been pushed around and beat down his entire life while getting laughed at afterwards. Not once did a pleasant feeling ever come from that pain.

A light knock sounded on the door. I opened it slowly preparing myself to see Damien, yet it was the woman I've grown accustomed to. "Hey darlin. I've got you some breakfast, and I'm s'posta tell you that once you're done with your meal Alpha Damien will be waiting for you in the living room".

"Oh, okay. Thankyou ..."

"The name's Sheryl."

"Sheryl." She gave me a warm motherly smile and walked away out of the room after saying goodbye. The food looked delicious. There was an assortment of fruit and meats, plus my favorite breakfast meal, waffles. I took my time enjoying the syrupy goodness, and juicy fruits. I had a few pieces of bacon and sausage, but I wasn't really in the mood for the other food on the plate. I tried to take as long as I could, but the hunger in my stomach decided that I'd be chewing rather quickly. I was done all too soon.

I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before looking at myself in the full body closet mirror. The maroon sweater I was wearing was comfortable as well as the black slacks and grey sweater. I felt slightly restricted in the black boots, but I knew they'd keep my feet warm. I put away all of my belongings and at a snails pace walked to the living room. 

He jumped up at soon as he saw me. I stared him down for a while waiting for him to give orders. His face was nicely shaven and his hair looked to have been cut into a different style from the last time I saw him. There were some bags under his grey-blue eyes and he looked weird in casual clothes. He was wearing a white long sleeve t-shirt with light denim jeans and some oxfords covered his feet. It was unnerving to see him look laid back .. Well as laid back as I've seen him. He was rubbing his hands on his jeans when he started opening and closing his mouth to speak.

After about three times of seeing him look like a fish he spoke up. "So, I got a better camera for you to use to take photos of the city, and here's a backpack for when you go out into the forest". I was already using a backpack I found for that, but I grabbed it so I wouldn't have to say anything. We stood in awkward silence until he talked again. "Uh, lets go. Shall we?" I turned away from him and followed my memory to where the garage was. The only noise was the sound of our footsteps and his heavy breathing. 

We rode the same white Jaguar only this time I wasn't as fascinated with it since I had to ride it with him. I loved the freeway; it's surrounded with trees left and right. It felt like home somehow. I wanted to take a picture, but I knew it'd probably only come out blurry and the car would be in the way. Soft sweet county music was playing on the radio, and everything seemed perfect ... Except for Damien. Not many cars were on the road, which gave me too much time to my thoughts. The cars engine was like a soft lullaby trying to drive me to sleep, but I wouldn't let it.

Once we parked, he made me wait in the car, so he could open my door for me. I walked right past him without any acknowledgment of his sweet gesture. I appreciated it, but he didn't need to know that; he still disgusts me. I couldn't smell anything from the outsides, but as soon as we got in I was hit with an aroma of sweet pleasurable scents. I was kind of surprised by the inside, I expected a normal bakery, but of course this is not one. It was more like a restaurant, even though it wasn't overly huge. Black leather seating with maroon decorations sitting on them was scattered around the dark hard wood floor with tan walls and dim lights on the ceiling. It was romantic in a way.