Aware

ma·li·cious
ˈliSHəs/
adjective
characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.

The tall man watched me eat speedily in silence. Never once did he tell me to slow down or question my reasons for shoving food down my throat. I realized that his eyes always held some sort of anger or sorrow in them when he wasn't paying attention to anyone. I wondered where it came from. I cleared my throat to get his attention. 

"Sir I'm done". He shook his head calling up someone to clean the food. He has a lot of power here, maybe he's alpha.. But he doesn't really fit the definition; he's too kind. 

"Well if you're not too tired we can go buy you some clothes".

"Oh! I'm not tired at all I slept a lot in the cell". I was rambling on and I noticed a little too late. 

"Anyways, it's fine you don't have to spend any money on me".

"Yes I do. You need proper clothing to wear". I put my head down fully registering that I was nothing right now, I was basically a scum.

"Oh.. Okay". He went to grab some khaki shorts and a grey t-shirt. 

"This will have to do for now". I smiled tightly letting him know that I was thankful. I got dressed and looked down at me feet noticing that I had no shoes. He looked at my feet suddenly making me self conscious of my toes causing them to curl up trying to hide themselves. "These sandals are too big for you, but I don't have anything else". I slipped my feet into them smiling at the whole 2 inches that were empty.

"Thanks". He awkwardly nodded his head and gestured for me to follow. I kept close to him hugging my self trying to stay out of people's views as much as possible. I got a couple of stares from adults as the children just disregarded my presence. Nobody said anything though, they were probably waiting for me to leave.

I didn't know which car was his for there were several in the garage. I don't think all of them were his though, probably some of his pack members owned a few vehicles. A gorgeous white jaguar lit up when he clicked his clicker. My mouth was wide open in shock. How can he even afford this, these were expensive when I was a kid; they must cost even more now. 

I opened the door careful not to get any scratches or dirt on it; it's too pretty for that. I buckled my seatbelt wanting to touch every button in the car but resisting the urge. 

"Any specific places?", he asked.

"I don't really remember any store names. Sorry."

"No problem. We will go to the mall". I was getting anxious even though I didn't show it. I haven't been in a large crowd for years, and I'm kind of scared. The music he played in the car was very stupid, but it helped take away some of my anxiety. 

He parked his car in a handicap spot even though he doesn't look disabled. "Are you okay?" I tried to make it sound as polite as possible, but it still probably came out rude.
"Excuse me?"

"Uh- well, it's just that. You're in a handicap spot."

"Oh, that. I have one of my pack members that works for things like this get me one so my car has a lesser chance of getting scratched or something".

"Oh". 

"Yea".

We strolled into the mall automatically causing me to stiffen. I breathed slowly while keeping up with his pace. All I could pay attention to were the bright lights and the tons of people. Gladly we entered a store called Banana Republic that held less people. He pulled me towards a corner in the store that had no people.