After the war

bru·tal·i·ty
broˈtalədē/
noun
savage physical violence; great cruelty.

I walked around the room careful to avoid the dead bodies. I went into the bathroom where there was no sign of blood except the amount on my body. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths.
It's okay, this is simple, I just have to be calm. All I have to do is go in there and check the bodies. The bloodied, feces covered bodies - but bodies none the less. God why'd I have to be the one stuck here? Haven't I been trapped enough in my lifetime? I shook out my tense limbs before taking a deep breath preparing myself to go back out there.
After washing my hands and assuring myself that I'd be alright I went back into the room to check for any living bodies. Never did I ever think I'd be checking a room filled with dead bodies to see if there were any living.
I held my breath as I bent to my knees and put my ear close to the chest of one that had a trail of his nose blood running into his ear. Dead. I bent down to my pack member's body right next to his. Dead. I decided I should check the other packs bodies too, just to make sure that none would wake up and try to hurt me. I checked the nearest man next to me of the enemy team. Dead. The next body, dead. The next, dead. The one after that, dead.
There were several bodies that I couldn't bring myself to check, they were just too brutally killed. I wanted to hurl at the stench of blood and lots of men have soiled their pants in their death. One man even farted as I slightly nudged him with my foot; it nearly gave me a heart attack.
There we're so many dead; I truly hoped that I just didn't check properly. So many families would be without a member, no one deserves that, not even the enemy's families. No one should have to live without the one that they love.
I figured out that two men from my pack were still breathing. I went to get some toilet paper from the bathroom to mark the living, so that when my safety came, they'd know who to grab first.
I cleaned up Tanners bloodied body with a wet wash cloth hoping to ease him of the pain he must be going through right now. I know that dried bloodied skin can be painful, especially when trying to clean the caked on blood off.
His eyes flickered open once, only to shut back closed. I slouched into myself wondering if fate was partially the cause of my fucked up situation. It's like life just loves throwing curve balls at me.
I felt jaded, I just wanted to sleep and forget this all happened, but I knew I couldn't do that. If anyone walked by and smelled this or tried to come in and check on me, I had to assure them that everything was alright. I had to watch over all of my living pack mates encase any of them woke up, or to see if any of them died.
Exhausted, I walked back into the bathroom to rinse the bloodied wash cloth. In a matter of a few hours I've managed to have the residue of dry tears on my face, several people's blood covering my body, blood under my fingernails, and I've probably even grown a few grey hairs during this process. I huffed blowing a piece of hair out of my eye only for it to fall back down. My facial hair has really been able to grow out with no one there to shave it during my past out stages.
I haven't even had some time to think to myself. Why am I even here? I know it has something to do with Damien's orders, because these were his men watching over me, but why? There has so be something going on back at the pack. He's so foolish to send me away, I've been through a lot. Whatever is going on is not something he needs to shield me from. What is keeping from me?