Luna

triv·i·al·ize
ˈtrivēəˌlīz/
verb
make (something) seem less important, significant, or complex than it really is.

It seemed so surreal. He told me of how this war began, but it just didn't seem plausible. I felt as if he was leaving something out, but I didn't dare question him on it. I wouldn't want to anger him, in his current blood seeking state, as he tells the story.
"Your family is very strong-willed. When they want something they will fight to get it, and they are very manipulative. They got their entire pack to join in on 'saving' you. They believe I was the one that took you away all those years ago. That's why my sister came back, to tell me this. Once I realized that you wouldn't be safe here I had to send you away. Little did I know you wouldn't be safe there either", he growled through his teeth. I could see and feel his anger, as he clenched his fists, while his veins tried to protrude through his skin. He was lethal right now, and I just hope I don't end up being caught in the fire that burned through his eyes.
"I wanted to come with you, please don't think I abandoned you, I just- I". I shushed him, encouraging him to calm down, as I rubbed small circles in his tense back with my knuckles. He took a few deep breaths and closed his eyes for a few moments. Once he opened them his fists were unclenched and his veins returned to their original position. "I'm sorry you had to see so many people die". He covered his face with both of his hands, hiding his fear.
"It's okay". It's not okay, it'll never be, but this is not the time to make him feel guilty. I have to keep him strong; for me, and for this pack. He has to be the Alpha everyone fears to get through this war. He has to be the vicious Alpha that no one wants to cross unless they want their heads to be ripped of and burned. He has to be the scary terrible man. He has to be Damien Larfac.
"Once they got here they thought I would just offer you up". He chuckled as if the thought was absurd, it kind of is. "And once I wouldn't, they instigated war upon us. So stupid to think they could beat the largest pack in Maine". Something has to be off, this doesn't even sound natural, it sounds practiced. Also, why would my pack be foolish enough to start war with the strongest pack in Maine? My parents may have missed their child, but the Alpha wouldn't allow the whole pack to start war. Something was off, and I want to know what it is.
"Are my parents here?" He looked down to me with wide eyes. He growled low and deep before taking a quick stance.
"You will not see those savages!" I stood with an equal amount of confidence.
"I will do as I please. I can make my own decisions, and I may be able to stop this war". He growled preparing his body to attack, he better not.
"You don't have to stop this war, I can win it". I chuckled dark and deeply, not really knowing where it's coming from.
"Don't be so damn power hungry. As Luna of this pack I have the right to make decisions. Without me to help, your pack will fall. Don't trivialize my position in this pack. I am a man, a leader at that", I said in a voice unrecognizable to me. My voice still sounded human, but it was so much deeper than my normal voice.
He bowed in front of me before looking up and smiling. Why is he so cheery all of a sudden? He came to me and wrapped his arms around me. "You did it", he whispered.
"I did what?" I asked, with my voice now sounding normal again.
"You connected with you wolf", he said in awe.