Flash into the Past

rem·i·nis·cence
ˌreməˈnisəns/
noun
a story told about a past event remembered by the narrator.

My mother was a beautiful woman, at least in this memory she is. She smiled a big bright smile with her slightly yellowed teeth from all of the yellow cupcakes she'd been eating. It was my 15th birthday and she wanted to throw me a huge party, because she believed its going to make people want to come back the next year. I think she was right.
All of the girls and boys at my party were having a blast, even with parental supervision. I felt so good knowing that I could brag about this the next day. My dad came by to hug my mom, but she wiggled out of his grasp trying to act like it was nothing in front of the children, but I noticed. Were my parents in an argument?
I tried to continue having fun at my party, but it was hard, especially since I knew my parents were having problems. I went to the bathroom to refresh my face only to find the girl that I liked flirting with one of my old friends that came down to celebrate my day. I knew she didn't like me back, but she definitely knew I liked her. She could of at least had some respect to do that on another day, not at my house, and surely not on my birthday.
I look into her eyes seeing her shock and discomfort; if she's so uncomfortable around me why'd she come. I sighed and left deciding that I might as well try to have fun. I found my fathers stash of liquor and went at it.
I knew I'd get in trouble tomorrow morning, but who cares? I danced until sweat was drenching my shirt. I felt disgusting but so alive all at once. It's amazing. Exhilarating.
Then my dream, or rather memory went black.