Rescue

co·op·er·ate
ˈäpəˌrāt/
verb
act jointly; work toward the same end.
•assist someone or comply with their requests.

A knock sounded on the door, I stilled, staying quiet not knowing who it is. Once they knocked again I figured I'd have to answer. I cleared my throat, trying to put on my best calm and composed voice. "Who's there?"
"Damien has sent us to help". My whole body relaxed knowing they were here. Wait- what if they were lying?
"Prove it".
"Well, Damien's kind of busy right now so we can't call him, but do you want us to try?" I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath preparing to open the door. They were right, Damien has to be busy if he's not here himself. Hopefully this isn't another attempt to do whatever to me against my will.
"No ... it's fine", I hesitantly responded. I twisted the door handle seeing a man run to one of the dead pack members. I felt so terrible, he looked devastated. "Was he your mate?" I asked in curiosity. It probably wasn't the best question to ask, but I really wanted to know.
He wiped his eyes and stood up straight. "No, he's my brother". I nodded my head not knowing how to comfort him. I wasn't going to say sorry, it wouldn't help with anything, but I didn't know how to make this situation any better.
"He didn't go down easily". The man chuckled through his tears while looking down at his dead brother.
"I know, he never has". His voice cracked and I just felt like my whole world was ruined. I could feel this mans pain on another level, and it ruined me. I cried with him and wrapped my arms around his shaking body.
"You won't be okay today, but someday you'll be able to cope". After saying my few words I turned to leave him. I needed to tell these men what to do.
"Thank you", he whispered. I turned around with a sad smile on my face and bowed my head in recognition. I don't deserve a thank you, he died because of me, yet I knew this man needed to say it. So I let him do that without any argument.
I turned back to my saviors and told them which bodies I claimed to be living, and to also double check incase I'm wrong, or incase they died. They all nodded their heads except one; he came over to me and gripped my arm. I tried to pull out of his embrace, but he only lessened his grip enough to not hurt me any further.
"May I ask why you're grabbing me?"
"Alpha Damien said that I have to bring you back".
"Why does this involve grabbing me, and I'm not leaving until I know Tanner is okay". The man grunted and gestured for a few men to carry Tanner. I tried to follow them, but he wouldn't let me go. "What's the problem now?" If this man doesn't let me go ...
"You have to come with me Luna". Aha Luna, never thought I'd hear those words from a warrior wolf.
"We're going the same place, are we not?"
"Please Luna, I can get in a lot of trouble if I don't bring you back with me, please cooperate".
"I want to ride with Tanner". He simply picked me up and carried me out of the room. I screamed and kicked, but it did no good. What if he's hurt, I have to make sure he gets back safely, and if he doesn't, I have to make sure I'm there to get his last words. I have to be with him, I feel like it's the right thing to do for Sheryl.
I felt the cold, night, winter air pierce through my thin attire and I knew there was no point of struggling; this man is stronger than me and I know it. He settled me down into the sleek black car and shut the door once he got in. I put my hands up to the window looking for any sign of the dead bodies, or the living, but I saw none. Is he okay?
"I'll have to ask you to put on your seatbelt sir", vocalized the lean muscular man that carried me out of the room. I tried to listen and cooperate, but all I could do was think about Tanner.
I looked back out the window whispering his name. "Tanner". I hope he's okay.