Exposed

sen·sa·tion
senˈsāSH(ə)n/
noun
1.
a physical feeling or perception resulting from something that happens to or comes into contact with the body.
2. a widespread reaction of interest and excitement.

I sat between his strong powerful thighs with my back to his chest. The bath water was warm, but his body heat is greater. I let out a sigh of content, knowing that I was safe in his arms. I clasped my hand in his and brought it up to my lips for a gentle kiss. I licked the water off of my lips that stuck from his hand. I heard him release a deep breath; we were both calm and comfortable being wrapped up in each other.
We sat in a comfortable silence for a while until Damien made a move. After sitting romantically together, I really didn't want to make this sexual. This didn't feel like it should be tainted by something such as sex. I stopped his fingers from playing with my nipples, I didn't want this. "Damien", I urged. I know he wants this, and I know he's been deprived, but this doesn't feel like the time anymore. This moment feels so sacred to me right now, I've never felt so loved and calm in my love's arms, and I don't want this to end. I heard an irritated sigh escape his lips and I felt terrible for withholding myself from him, but this isn't right.
"What?" I didn't want to anger him, but how do I go about this the right way?
"I just, this doesn't feel right". I twisted my body so that I could look at him. It was a tight twist, but I wanted to be able to see his face when I explained.
"What do you mean this doesn't feel right?"
"I mean ... well, it just seems like this moment is so special, and it should stay that way. And I don't want it to be ruined and taken over by sex".
"You believe that I want to belittle you with something so trifling such as sex?"
"Wait-what? Sex is very important and beautiful, it just doesn't feel right for this moment", and I wish I knew why.
He cupped my face in his hand and smiled softly. "That's because it's not. The emotions that come with sex will never be enough for me anymore. I want to make sweet, gentle love to you. I want to share so much pleasure and emotion with you, that it overtakes you. That it becomes so overbearing that there's no other way to let it out than to explode in ecstasy. I want to show you my affection and desires for you through the way I can care for your body and soul like no other. I want to shower you in love. I want to make love to you".
My breath was taken away. I felt like my throat was closing up, it was too much at once. I didn't know how to handle it, so I simply cried. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, and buried my head in his neck, with my legs around his hips.
"Then do it, make love to me".