Due Regard (unedited)

(The If any mistakes are found because it's not edited please point them out it will help)
con·front
kənˈfrənt/Submit
verb
meet (someone) face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.
•face up to and deal with (a problem or difficult situation).
•compel (someone) to face or consider something, especially by way of accusation.

He stared deep into my eyes as if he were asking for all of the right answers. I waited trying to find the right way to word things. "I ... I know I can't really ask for much -"

"You can-"

"Please ... Let me talk". I sighed deeply staring down at my hands. "Look I don't expect you to change right away, so you can't expect me to accept you right away. I obviously don't feel this whole mate thing the way you do, so I can't really understand it. We are going to have to take this slow, find a middle."

I could tell that his leg was shaking under the table and he looked like he wanted to run out of the room. "So what the fuck am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, not going around killing people is a start". He looked up at me and laughed humorlessly. 

"I ..." He raised his hand opening and closing it before balling it in a fist and bringing it to his mouth. "I can't do this right now", he jumped up from his seat and stormed out of the room.
I groaned slouching into my seat. I walked over to the bed, laid down, and cried myself to sleep. Why can't life be simple? I should be in Vermont by now, but no - instead I'm stuck here waiting for something good to happen.

I slept with dreams of Joe and his wife Cindy playing and yelling at me. There was a point where my self esteem had gotten so low that I believed the nasty degrading things they called me. Somehow I toughened up, but if it came from someone that I actually had a connection to, I think I'd break down all over again. I couldn't stand the nightmares that tortured my mind. The worst thing about them was, they weren't just nightmares, they were memories. It's like every touch effected my body the exact way it did then. I hated it. 

I woke up with tons of crust covering my eyes. I was about to take off the jeans I fell asleep in when I realized that Damien was asleep in a chair with his arms and head resting on the table. I wiped as much crust out of my eyes as I could and went to shake his shoulder. He popped up and growled at me like it was a natural reaction, a reflex. He calmed down as soon as he realized that it was me though. He plopped back into the seat and yawned deeply causing me to yawn right after him. I scowled wishing I didn't do that because it hurt to stretch out my chapped lips. 

"What are you doing in here?" I asked. He raised a brow looking around as if he didn't know that he had came in here. 

"I don't know." He said and held out every word.

"You have to know". 

"You were crying last night", he whispered examining my face. He went to bring a hand to my cheek but I took a step back. He glowered, but didn't do anything more. "Can I ask you something?"

"Uh, sure".

"Was crying the only thing you did last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, were you in any kind of pain?"

"Not that I know off. What does this have to do with anything?" I was waking away when I paused in my tracks.

"What did you dream about?" I couldn't move. I couldn't tell him. "Jasper". I just stayed in place and hoped that he would leave but he did the opposite. He came up and wrapped his arms around me from behind as I held in tears. "That's why I'm here".