Endings

hoarse
hôrs/
adjective
(of a person's voice) sounding rough and harsh, typically as the result of a sore throat or of shouting.

"Is there something we can do to stop it?"
"Why would you want to stop his memories?"
"Look at what they're doing to him! Plus what if he remembers too much. This may be terribly selfish, but what if he wants to leave me forever?"
They're speaking like I'm not even here. I'm not some child, I can vouch for my own decisions, shouldn't I have a say? These are my memories they're talking about. How can they make a decision without even confronting me on the matter?
I wanted to get up and speak to them, but my limbs were weak, as was my voice sore. I huffed loudly not knowing what to do. One of them must have noticed because they both came rushing into the room. Damien quickly wrapped me in his arms and I instantly felt better.
"Are you okay baby? Does it hurt anywhere?" I slowly raised my hand to my throat to instigate him bringing me water. He quickly called one of his pack members to bring the water they were carrying from a different room to me. I drank the cold water that licked at my throat and burned the pain away. I took a deep breath once it finally felt like I wasn't breathing in saw dust.
I gripped his arm keeping him close to me, to insure his understanding. "You can't", a dry cough escaped my sore lungs leaving a pain behind. "You can't take away my memories", I wheezed out. "It's all I have left".
He placed both hands on either side of my face, he looked so torn and heart-broken. It hurt to know this was most likely due to me. "I've kissed cold lips for four days, because you've passed out from memories. What if the next time it happens you don't wake up".
I closed my eyes taking deep shaky breaths. I know I'm selfish to even think about putting my mate in this place, but if I die by the hands of retaining my past, I'd be happy. I've spent years wondering about my youth, and now it's coming back. I know it's terrible, but I don't care about the consequences.
My head started to pound just like before, but this time blood dripped from my ears. This has to be the end. I didn't think another memory would come this soon, but I guess I was wrong. Chaos, that was all that happened all around me. Damien screamed at the top of his lungs for someone to help probably stripping them dry. Janelle ran out of the room at an incredible speed, probably to get help. Damien stayed by my side clenching my hand tightly. Tears were falling so fiercely I'd be surprised if he heard me through his cries.
"I love you", I whispered through dry hoarse lungs.