Solitare

a·lone
əˈlōn/
adjective & adverb
1.
having no one else present; on one's own.
2.
indicating that something is confined to the specified subject or recipient.

I woke up alone. It felt nice to be able to breath my own air once in a while. My eyes hurt to open due to swelling caused by how much I cried last night. I didn't regret anything that happened yesterday. It had to happen for me to fully understand the concept of what was happening. I was a prisoner trapped by his own mate; it's pretty pathetic. I still felt overly tiered, but I wanted to do something. Yesterday was the only time in 6 years that I wasn't trapped somewhere or on the run, and I loved the feeling of being free. 

I realized that all of my clothing was sitting in a corner on the floor of the room. The wooden floors were extremely cold causing me to shiver. They creaked slightly as I made my way to the large bathroom. I took a quick piss before looking at myself in the mirror; a hideous beast looked upon me. My eyes were swollen and red rimmed with crust on the inner and outer edges, white lines were dried on my face from the tear stains, and my nose was a gorgeous shade of red. I splashed warm water on my face removing all of the crust and dried tears also helping in reducing swelling. It helped some, but barely at all. 

I turned the shower on letting it be the only noise my ears could hear. It calmed my stress levels and woke up my tiered limbs. I stood directly under the water letting it run down every strand of blonde hair and onto my face down my slim figure. It felt so good. I used his body wash and hair products again to get clean not really caring what he thought of it anymore. I also used his deodorant and lotion once I got out. My outfit consisted of a thin grey v-neck long sleeve shirt, some black denim jeans that had the label slim fit on them, my ugg boots, and a coat that stopped about quarter length in the sleeve and came down to my mid thigh. I pushed the ends of my sleeves up to meet the sleeves of the coat. I looked so dark except my shoes that were a burgundy. I looked at my appearance in the mirror not giving a damn anymore. The swelling in my eyes has gone down enough that it doesn't hurt to open them wide and blink, and my face is clean. I didn't have a toothbrush so I smeared toothpaste on my finger and worked with that. My hair looked a wreck once it air dried, but it didn't matter. There's no one to impress.
I searched in all of his drawers just to find a empty notebook and a pencil so I could draw; I wasn't the best at it, but it was the only thing Joe allowed me to do. 

I snuck into the kitchen grabbed a granola bar and went outside. I was surprised that no one saw me or caught me. I wasn't going to run, no I wasn't that stupid, but I needed some space.
I walked further into the forest by a think river to sit and draw. I drew the tall grass that was forming around the river as well as the river itself with the leaves and sticks running down it, plus the thick rows of trees behind it shadowing it correctly so you could see the way the light hits the scenery. It was peaceful being alone with only the animals around me. The birds and other creatures started to make a tune that I found soothing, so I decided to join them. I wasn't truly singing any words just 'doos' and 'daas' and 'dees' to go along. I hummed a lot of the time I was drawing until I decided that I'd just come back tomorrow and finish. 

On the way back I paused several times to watch deer run along with their families and single bunnies hide when I got too close. It was fun to play with the animals even if they saw it as me scaring them. I felt like I actually had company I preferred. 

The house came into view ruining my happiness. I strolled back into the room finding a platter of food waiting for me; there was a note right by it. 

-I will give you your space, but I need to know that you're eating. Please eat.

I sighed deeply taking a bite of what I assumed to be steak. It was delicious; too bad I wasn't in the mood to savor my food. I finished the steak, mashed potatoes, and corn in a rush. It was only 5:00 and I had nothing to do; I could go back outside, but it's getting to dark, and I don't want to be out that late. I settled for starting to write a story that I can finish in my free time.